PokerStars.fr

• 9 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Wow, has none of the mods and admins commented on this yet? :f_eek:

Pokerstars don't pay affiliates for marketing the .fr site to non-French residents*, as per the default revenue sharing scheme, so I don't think you'll get SPs or other benefits for play at pokerstars.fr no matter how you sign up because PS-gy will be getting no money for your play, unless you're a French resident, in which case you need to change this site's language to French and sign up through the French community link and will be getting 1 SP per 3 VPPs if you get tracked correctly.

* That said, things may be different with Pokerstrategy because they have a custom contract with Pokerstars, so we need admins' clarification here.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

It's possible but could be difficult. PokerStars would rather non French residents play on .eu . I believe in some European countries people trying to access the .fr website get redirected to .eu

Regards

Laz
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Laz, the question is not whether one can create an account in the EU/EEA outside France and regulated countries (like Spain, UK, etc., which are implicitly banned by French sites), one surely can (at Winamax too, and it doesn't have a separate .eu/.com site, mind you). The question is whether one can get the PS.fr account tracked if not being from France, and I believe the answer is 'no' unless otherwise specified by the contract that PS-gy has with PStars Partners. (For Winamax, there's no such question because it doesn't give a revenue share, only one-off money for signups, even the French can't get SPs for play there.)
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Silver
      Create a support ticket and get the instructions. It IS possible to track a ps France account playing outside of france. Im living proof.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Wow thanks, ronekinky. This is sickly good! :f_drink:
    • clemideluxe
      clemideluxe
      Bronze
      until a couple days ago i played at pokerstars.fr and then a couple problems occured. i couldnt deposit money and i wasnt able to use the playersearch. i contacted pokerstars.fr support, explained the problem and asked for help. after 2 days of discussions, my account finally got closed. i dont mind and this post is just for information to other players what could happen to you if you play at pokerstars.fr. following i post a couple screenshots of the conversation with the pokerstars service staff (starting at the ~10th email):

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Bronze
      Phew, at least the account was closed by your (ill-advised) request, not at their discretion. Don't do this at any other site because, after self-requested closure of an account, it's difficult or even impossible to reopen it (because of responsible gambling laws). So next time, try any other solution, like depositing through a different method.
    • e2e4e5
      e2e4e5
      Black
      Hello,

is there someone a list of countries which a banned on pokerstars.fr? I doens't found nothing on the official site.

Can German/Swiss/Austrian players play there and make deposits?

Regards
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Originally posted by e2e4e5
      Hello,

is there someone a list of countries which a banned on pokerstars.fr? I doens't found nothing on the official site.

Can German/Swiss/Austrian players play there and make deposits?

Regards
      I dont have a complete list, but countries such as Italy, Spain, Denmark, Belgium and Estonia cant play on .fr i believe.
      If you look at recent tournaments on Pokerstars.fr you can find players from Germany, Austria and Switzerland, so that shouldnt be a problem