This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PokerStars.fr

• 9 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      Wow, has none of the mods and admins commented on this yet? :f_eek:

Pokerstars don't pay affiliates for marketing the .fr site to non-French residents*, as per the default revenue sharing scheme, so I don't think you'll get SPs or other benefits for play at pokerstars.fr no matter how you sign up because PS-gy will be getting no money for your play, unless you're a French resident, in which case you need to change this site's language to French and sign up through the French community link and will be getting 1 SP per 3 VPPs if you get tracked correctly.

* That said, things may be different with Pokerstrategy because they have a custom contract with Pokerstars, so we need admins' clarification here.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey guys,

It's possible but could be difficult. PokerStars would rather non French residents play on .eu . I believe in some European countries people trying to access the .fr website get redirected to .eu

Regards

Laz
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      Laz, the question is not whether one can create an account in the EU/EEA outside France and regulated countries (like Spain, UK, etc., which are implicitly banned by French sites), one surely can (at Winamax too, and it doesn't have a separate .eu/.com site, mind you). The question is whether one can get the PS.fr account tracked if not being from France, and I believe the answer is 'no' unless otherwise specified by the contract that PS-gy has with PStars Partners. (For Winamax, there's no such question because it doesn't give a revenue share, only one-off money for signups, even the French can't get SPs for play there.)
    • ronekinky
      ronekinky
      Bronze
      Create a support ticket and get the instructions. It IS possible to track a ps France account playing outside of france. Im living proof.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      Wow thanks, ronekinky. This is sickly good! :f_drink:
    • clemideluxe
      clemideluxe
      Bronze
      until a couple days ago i played at pokerstars.fr and then a couple problems occured. i couldnt deposit money and i wasnt able to use the playersearch. i contacted pokerstars.fr support, explained the problem and asked for help. after 2 days of discussions, my account finally got closed. i dont mind and this post is just for information to other players what could happen to you if you play at pokerstars.fr. following i post a couple screenshots of the conversation with the pokerstars service staff (starting at the ~10th email):

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      Phew, at least the account was closed by your (ill-advised) request, not at their discretion. Don't do this at any other site because, after self-requested closure of an account, it's difficult or even impossible to reopen it (because of responsible gambling laws). So next time, try any other solution, like depositing through a different method.
    • e2e4e5
      e2e4e5
      Black
      Hello,

is there someone a list of countries which a banned on pokerstars.fr? I doens't found nothing on the official site.

Can German/Swiss/Austrian players play there and make deposits?

Regards
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Bronze
      Originally posted by e2e4e5
      Hello,

is there someone a list of countries which a banned on pokerstars.fr? I doens't found nothing on the official site.

Can German/Swiss/Austrian players play there and make deposits?

Regards
      I dont have a complete list, but countries such as Italy, Spain, Denmark, Belgium and Estonia cant play on .fr i believe.
      If you look at recent tournaments on Pokerstars.fr you can find players from Germany, Austria and Switzerland, so that shouldnt be a problem