This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA in MP1, 28BB stack

• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      From now on I don't wait till blinds come, but leave table immediately when I'm over 25BB. How to play in this situation?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,80
      MP3:
      $1,50
      CO:
      $2,15

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:club: , A:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,40, CO calls $0,40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) J:diamond: , 8:club: , K:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2,40 (All-In), MP3 calls $1,10 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($3,55) 5:club:
      River: ($3,55) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3,55
  • 3 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Well, it's ok to wait for the blinds to come. A good idea it to tighten up though. People usually only play QQ+ when overstacked. A double double up always comes in handy =)

About the hand:

Preflop: Ok

Flop: You overbet here... this scares people away. Just place a normal c-bet here. 90c would be a good one

Turn: Shove it no matter what
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I agree with caltabiano, altough I would bet $1 instead of 90c but it wouldn't be diferent at all :D

by the way, don't leave inmediatly you get to see free cards until the next bb (well not free, you already payed for them). I used to only play KK+ and open shoving it , but it's just wrong IMO if you get AKs why not raise it? 99 why not raising? It's still +EV to play those hands :)
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      dont make those ugly overbets, bet sth like 1$ and shove any turn