Psychology question

• justanotherreg
      Hey Guys,

I'm totally new here and would like to ask some good advice from more experienced players. And it wont be a strategy question or a hand question.

I'm playing 6max micro zoom and I'm a winner on my limit. However, tilting is a serious problem for me. The biggest issue is rage, anger toward fishes. And it really affects my game, i'm making a lot of mistakes due to the issue that I'm seriously pissed at the fishes.
      And it shouldn't be a big losing AI causing this, also bad beats don't bother me.
      But the continous mindonking, minraising, min3betting and the fact they arrive to the river with trash hands really making me nuts. Coldcalling 3bets with trash and flopping the nuts. Those hands put me on a tilt wagon and after that a i could spew money with big bluffs or similar stuff.
      I'm more and more disciplined, but still i feel a lot of rage in these situations.

Do you have any approach on this? It also doesnt help if i make a break. If i have a similar situation i still have the same issue. I'm stucked at my limit and dont want to step up until i play like this.

I've recently watched Nanonoko's micro zoom videos, he is so calm:)

Thanks in advance for your reply.
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, justanotherreg
      Welcome to!

I had this problem too.

I read the book "The Mental Game of Poker" by Jared Tendler.
      In it are several techniques for dealing with the tilt problem.

You deal with it on two levels. First, you rarely tilt straight off -- it builds over time. The trick is catching it before you defenestrate your monitor :coolface:
      In the short term of a single session it is important to recognize the early warning signs and handle them early.

Next it is important to handle "accumulated tilt". Tendler contents that we start a session with an underlying mindset, and correcting that mindset takes effort.

"The Mental Game of Poker" is a workbook. It won't help much if all you do is read it. You need to read it and follow the instructions therein.

I suggest, though, that you start with some videos and strategy articles on the subject.

Also, if you haven't already, be sure to check out the free money offers.

All the best,