Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $5.00
      Hero:
      $10.35

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.64 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 9:spade: , A:club: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.85) 7:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.85) K:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.85, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.70
  • 6 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Brood,
      Is this the same person TheBrood,which play I like? :D
      Play set fast especially on drawy board.Make pot size bet on flop,pot size bet on turn and for 50bb call very raise on turn .Odds to hit fh is 3.2:1.
      About river call ,you should consider if he can bet only flush,maybe he can do it with other set,2 pairs,tptk.You should win 1 out of 3 time to be 0 (33%), so if you win 34% you are profitable in long term.So maybe notes can help you be more profitable.
      Good luck :)
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      i agree with dallievas about this, ur flop bet is 2 small because of it being draw heavy, when the flush possibility completes on the turn the last thing you should do with a set is check behind, that should have been at least a pot bet, then should he still be there on the river when the 4th suited card comes out and he bets it he could be bluffing you off the pot, there are 9 spades left in the deck out of the 45 remaining unknown cards so its only a 20% chance he has a spade
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      I would bet more on the flop, but not potsize for sure, the board is not that wet after all, I think I would go for 0,65-0,70$ bet. It's not very likely that he has two spades. But on the turn when the 3rd spade comes down I bet potsize.

When the 4th card of the same suit appears and he bets I'm folding a set without a thought - he won't bluff you here often.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think I had a gut feeling he had the flush, and if he didnt, apparently he did on the river...
      Theres not much he will call on the flop if not a FD imo. I'm pretty sure he knows I usually bet the goods since we've played many hands.
      I played it wrong I know...
    • alaska222
      alaska222
      Bronze
      I think its better to bet on the turn and fold to the checkraise, if he calls the turn, then in the river I´m not putting any more money in the pot.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet pot on that flop.
      And b/c turn, since he is middlestack and would likely shove with any pair or draw.