Here we go again! - From 13€ to 1000€

• Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

This will be my poker blog where I will document my poker adventures.

I have already played a little bit of poker in 2007 but never took it to seriously. This time I will and I am counting with you guys to help me become a great player.

I will be playing cash games, MSS full ring in the beginning to build my bankroll (I have ~3 dollars in 888 and 10 in Winner) and then BSS 6max when I get to 60dollars.

I will participate in the Get Rich challenge so I will be updating this blog accordingly.

I work full time so my time for poker is not very big. That being said my goals are the following:
      - Take my 13dollares and transform them in 1000 in 6 months (EDIT The challenge will be in € instead of $);
      - Study poker one hour a day (mostly will be done in my commute to work, some videos or articles);
      - Review at least 2 hands per session (I will try to post those hands here); and
      - Play at least 1 hour per day.

Lets go!
  • 26 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s a nice goal to change $13 in to $1.000 with MSS.
      Good luck with you’re challenge :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello!

First of all thanks SDK1987 :f_drink:

First things first... I thought I was going to go for the MSS route, but after seeing that 0.1/0.2 FR tables were having 5+ people in waiting lists I decided that wasnt going to be possible.

So... New plan! I will use the (really) small bankroll to try and use BSS in 0.1/0.2 SH.

If, or rather when as the 3$ from 888 are already gone, I bust this small BR I will bite the bullet and deposit money in order to have a proper BR for BSS 0.1/0.2.

Now, for the update!

Hands ->563 SH
      Delta -> +1.69€ - 3$ = -1.02€
      BR -> 8.69€
      1st Week

Lets hope for a better week!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      That’s a interesting change of plans. Hopefully the BSS will work out for you as well, but it will be tough I think with only 4 buy-inns left. It would be funny if you get a nice bankroll without using a deposit.
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello again!

@SDK1987 Indeed! That's what I'm aiming for and would love to accomplish :f_grin:

So this week I didn't play a lot because I went to NOS ALIVE music festival here in Lisbon (Prodigy show was insane!!). 3 days of drinking and little sleep + Full time job = 1099 hands... At least I ran well and almost doubled my BR :banana:

So here goes the full update:
      2nd Week
      Hands -> 1099 SH
      Delta -> +5.45€
      BR -> 14.14€

As I said in the first post I will try to post hands for analysis to see if I'm going on the right track!

iPoker - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 25.00, Hands: 20)
      UTG: 72 BB (VPIP: 66.67, PFR: 22.22, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 9)
      MP: 132.5 BB (VPIP: 32.61, PFR: 23.19, 3Bet Preflop: 4.44, Hands: 142)
      Hero (CO): 108 BB
      BTN: 112 BB (VPIP: 18.31, PFR: 12.68, 3Bet Preflop: 5.13, Hands: 73)
      SB: 76 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:spade: J:heart:

UTG calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 5 BB, BTN calls 5 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 4 BB

Flop: (16.5 BB, 3 players) 8:heart: T:club: 4:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 13 BB, BTN calls 13 BB, UTG calls 13 BB

Turn: (55.5 BB, 3 players) J:club:
      UTG bets 29 BB, Hero raises to 90 BB and is all-in, fold, UTG calls 25 BB

River: (163.5 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:

So on this hand the pre-flop raise was possibly to loose but I don't feel to bad about it.
      I think that the call from the BTN puts him in A10+ 88+ KJ+ and a few suited connectors.
      The call from the UTG who had previously limped puts him in almost anything but most probably 22-77 any suited connector, Low suited aces, medium Kxs, Qxs, or Jxs (I did not think about this during the hand eheh this is what I think after the hand)

So I flopped top pair OK kicker and after the check from the UTG I bet out 3/4 of the pot to get value from the suited connectors and small pairs. Both called which means (correct me if I'm wrong please!) that the range from BTN shouldnt change very much as he might still have flopped a set or hanging on to over cards. Regarding the UTG his range should change to 44 (88 or TT I think he would have raised on the flop), 67, 89, 910, JT and other draws like 79.

So in the turn I get another jack making top 2 pairs. BB bets out less than 2/3 of the pot. This makes me think that he has either a set, J10 or a draw (flush or straight). In order to value bet against the draws I Raise allin. BTN folds and BB calls.

What do you think of the hand? Ill post the results next week.

Thank you for reading and Ill be back next week!
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      The UTG player is most likely a fish. So isolating isn’t to bad I think, but it’s indeed loose with JTo. I would always fold JTo here.

Flop is most likely a good Cbet with top pair and weak kicker multi way, but it’s difficult to get value against 2 players I think.

Turn is funky that he leads for more than half his remaining stack. I would shipped or check/shove if I was him. So it’s looks extreme strong in my eyes and I expect he has a set or something like that, because it would be weird if he played a draw like this. You blocking 2 sets with TJ and it’s likely he maybe even leads on flop with a set. So it’s for me difficult to fold this hand and would play it the same way, but I don’t play cash games :f_wink:

River looks nice for you. Except if you are against JJ. I would make a note if he will show a hand you don’t expect here. Like a draw.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello!

First of all... I got to Silver Status! w00t w00t :f_cool:

@SDK1987 In hindsight I agree that his bet on the turn was really strong, but I was blinded by his "fishness" so I thought he could have anything at the time... It turns out he had 9c7c and he had a straight on the turn... That T saved my ass eheh

On to the weekly update!

Week 3
      Hands-> 1193 NL2 SH
      Delta-> +€8,76
      BR-> €22,90

So to celebrate another week where I ran well I will post my first graph of the blog. This graph is for all the hands I played for the past 2 weeks (since the beginning of the blog and Get Rich or die trying challenge).
      I was a bit ashamed of my adjusted all-in BB line so I was waiting for it to get positive to post a graph =p Well here it is!

I think that other than running well I also have been able to fold more hands and pick better spots to steal and reraise pre-flop. Since I got Silver Status I started watching w34as3l Walkthrough and I think that helped me to get better ranges, although I feel that now I have a lot more decisions due to the larger calling ranges (before I only had calling ranges for the BB as its taught in the Confidant91 series).

My greatest flaw at the moment is my post session review... I have so little time to dedicate to poker that I have not been doing any reviews... I do watch a lot of poker coachings (from Confidant91 Lemon and w34z3l) and read poker books on my way to and from work, but I reaaaaaly must start doing more hand analysis.

Another thing I really want to do is to apply R.E.M (Range-Equity-Maximize) to every hand I play. I am currently playing only 2 tables and I think this is doable. I am even thinking on going back to 1 table while I'm still getting used to w34s3ls ranges and to be able to formulate a plan for each hand I play right from the begining of the hand (e.g. Im going to cbet on this street and if Villain does X on the next I do Y otherwise I do Z).

What do you think?

Thank you for reading and good luck at the tables!
    • Homsii
      Homsii
      Silver
      nice keep it going
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      I like you plan very much, especially the part where you said that you are playing at 2 tables but considering that you will play only at one for the moment. This is the best thing you can do now at the beginning, focusing on your game instead on volume.
      Also being able to think ahead each hand when you play it's the most crucial thing that you will need in order to proper crush each stake, for me it help a lot saying it out loud so I can also hear myself in case my plan was wrong :)

Wish you the best and waiting for more updates 8-)
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      @Homsii Thanks man :f_grin:

@teddypoker I will start today on my one table sessions and see how it goes!

Tomorrow I will post a hand that I analised yesterday but still have a lot of doubts... I hope you guys can help me!
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello!

As I promised yesterday I will post a hand that I need some help with in a second.

But first I have a question...

When does someone start to get coaching lessons?
      I have no idea if its better to get coaching lessons right away or only after you are stuck at a limit.
      Right now I think I have a good grasp of things that I need to learn, like really internalizing the various ranges for every position I'm in (RFI, CC, 3B) and get a feel for common hand vs hand equity scenarios (Flush draw vs Top of UTG NIT range) and stuff like this (which I still dont know by heart)

Should I wait until I have no clue what I'm doing wrong? Should I wait until have more hands (3K atm)?
      Or should I get coaching right away so I'm sure I'm spending my (limited) time on poker the right way and maximizing my learning?

This last point is actually my main concern as I am afraid that I'm being really noneffective with my time...
      I would appreciate some feedback regarding this! :f_drink:

Now on to the hand!

iPoker - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players

BB: 61.5 BB (VPIP: 67.74, PFR: 9.68, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 31)
      BTN: 172 BB (VPIP: 24.43, PFR: 15.00, 3Bet Preflop: 3.80, Hands: 223)
      Hero (SB): 147.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:heart: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) 8:heart: 7:diamond: T:spade:
      Hero bets 3.5 BB, BB raises to 15.5 BB, fold

BB wins 23.5 BB

II - Analysis Objective

a) Should I have folded this hand?
      b) If not, should I have called or raised/shoved?
      c) If I should have called what would be the best line on the following turns?

III - Analysis Steps

1- Determine Villains Range pre-flop
      He had a fold to steal of 40% so I will give him a 60% range. Since he had a VPIP of 68, PFR of 10 and 3Bet 0 (even tough over a small sample) I think he wouldn't 3bet anything so I will give him no 3bet range and will assume he would call even with aces.

Equilab gives the following:
      22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T3s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, A2o+, K2o+, Q5o+, J7o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o

2- Determine Villains Range on the flop
      On the flop I think he has something. I do not have information on him to know if it is only a TPTK or better, but I think at least that he should have. I will throw a couple of straight draws along with all the made hands and monters.

The range on the flop:
      77+, ATs, KTs, QTs, J9s+, T6s+, 96s+, 87s, ATo, KTo-K9o, QTo, J9o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o

3- Determine required equity for a call
      Pot = "Pre-flop bets:" 5bb + "Hero bet:" 3.5bb + "Villain Raise:" 15.5bb = 24bb
      Amount to Call = "Villain Raise:" 15.5bb - "Hero bet:" 3.5bb = 12bb
      End Pot = "Pot:" 24bb + "Amount to Call:" 12bb = 36bb
      Required equity = 12bb/36bb = 0.33 -> 33%

4- Determine the equity of Hero hand vs Villain's flop range
      Equilab tells me that against the range I posted above I had 40.02% equity.

5- Determine if I should have called or shoved
      I have no idea how to make this determination... I know that I cant snap call just because the equity needed is 33% and I have 40% because this 40% is assuming I see the hand to the river (right?). So should I call or raise? Help needed! :f_ugly:

6- In case I should call how should I play?
      IF i call, I think that if I dont hit on the turn I should check fold, as even a 2d would make me have only 30% equity and he probably would bet big (if bet small I could call profitably). If I hit I would bet for value turn and river because he plays really fishy and I think he would pay me off...

IV - Analysis Conclusion
      Assuming the ranges presented:

a) I should have not folded this hand
      b) I do not know If I should have raised/shoved
      c) I believe I would have check folded the turn if the straight didn't come, maybe check called if he bet small enough. If the straight comes on the turn I would bet for value turn and river.

Uff if anyone is still reading this, thank you! :f_tongue:

If you have any tip regarding my first question on this post or on the hand please feel free to post!

Good luck at the tables everyone!
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello!

So no one answered my previous entry so I'll make this one smaller :f_tongue:

This week was crazy I played more hands this weekend than the previous 17 days or so.

I finally got a taste of the other hand of variance and yesterday I lost 4 BI in 1 hour. It wasn't only variance, as after the first bad beat (of 4 or 5 similar) where KK vs 10h7h full stacks all in pre-flop lost :f_ugly: I started playing so bad it was insane... The tilt was real. It was nice to experience it. Now I know what to expect and what to look for on my play when on tilt (I turn into a Calling Station that always thinks I'm being bluffed...).

But today I regained my senses and won 3 BI back! So this puts me in a nice position again at the end of the week! On to the update!

Week 4
      Hands-> 3241 NL2 SH
      Delta-> +€7,70
      BR-> €30,61

Graph for the 4 weeks

I'm getting worried about my red and blue lines... All the graphs I see for other people have the red line on the negative and the blue on the positive... What does this mean? is it bad? I think this is somekind of symptom... :f_ugly:

Cya next week (or sooner if I get a nice hand to analise)!
    • teddypoker
      teddypoker
      Bronze
      Should I wait until I have no clue what I'm doing wrong? Should I wait until have more hands (3K atm)?
      Or should I get coaching right away so I'm sure I'm spending my (limited) time on poker the right way and maximizing my learning?
      Usually private coaching is taken as the last resort to improve your game (when the videos and forum don't help you any-more). But if you can afford it and you want to improve faster it will be great to do it any-time. this choice must be yours because only you know all the details and can draw a line what is the most +EV for you taking in consideration the most 3 important things: what time you have, what amount of money you can spend, what you aim to achieve.
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Usually private coaching is taken as the last resort to improve your game (when the videos and forum don't help you any-more). But if you can afford it and you want to improve faster it will be great to do it any-time. this choice must be yours because only you know all the details and can draw a line what is the most +EV for you taking in consideration the most 3 important things: what time you have, what amount of money you can spend, what you aim to achieve.
      Thanks for the comment teddy. I actually had almost the same response from double2 on his blog (I copy pasted the question there) :f_thumbsup:

I think that if I keep getting the type of results I have been having until the end of August, I will deposit and go up to .2/.4 so rake is smaller and see how do I feel there...
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Hello!

Ok, so this week Magic Duels: Origins came out and my poker playing time got reduced to nothing :f_tongue:

I still managed to play about the same I played on my first 3 weeks, but nowhere near the volume I got last week (which was tiny compared to most of the guys here but it was a good number for me :f_drink: )

I am trying a bunch of concepts from double2 Tips to get out of the micros but i think I dont have a solid fundation in order to apply them correctly...

In order to be acountable on my poker goals, and not let other stuff like this Magic Duels thing derail me, I will post them here and update daily!
      My goals are:

250 Hands on the week days;
        500 Hands on weekend days;
        1 hand review on the week days; and
        2 hand reviews on the weekend days.

EDIT: Whant I cannot do on the weekdays will have to be done on the weekends (due to tilting or simply not being able to play or study for some real world obligations)

Update!
      From now on I will post a weekly graph at the end of each week instead of the global

Week 5
      Hands-> 1202 NL2 SH
      Delta-> +€1,63
      BR-> €32,24

Cya tomorrow!
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Monday Status Report
      Hands: 256/250
      Hand Review 1/1

BB: 53.5 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 5.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
      UTG: 18.5 BB (VPIP: 17.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
      Hero (MP): 192.5 BB
      CO: 39 BB (VPIP: 23.08, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 40)
      BTN: 102 BB (VPIP: 23.13, PFR: 18.80, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 419)
      SB: 107.5 BB (VPIP: 73.91, PFR: 4.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) Q:heart: 3:club: T:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, SB calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 14.5 BB, SB calls 14.5 BB

River: (50 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 35 BB, SB raises to 84 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 49 BB

Analysis objective:
      Relavant questions for this hand:

Should I have called?

Analysis Steps:

1)Determine villain range;
        2)Determine equity vs villain range; and
        3)Determine if I shouldve called.

1) Determine villain range
      So the villain was calling a lot, even with a low hand sample he had VPIP of 74 and a PFR of 4 but I will be conservative and use a VPIP 65% and PFR 4% range on equilab.

This gives us the following range
      88-22, AJs-A2s, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 94s+, 84s+, 74s+, 64s+, 54s, AQo-A2o, K2o+, Q4o+, J6o+, T7o+, 97o+, 86o+, 76o

After my flop bet (which I think was correct) and villain call I would give him any draw and any pocket pair or pair on the table, giving us the following range
      88-22, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Qh8h, Jh8h, Th8h, 9h8h, Ah7h, Kh7h, Qh7h, Jh7h, Th7h, 9h7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Kh5h, Qh5h, Jh5h, Th5h, 9h5h, 8h5h, 7h5h, 6h5h, Ah4h, Kh4h, Qh4h, Jh4h, Th4h, 9h4h, 8h4h, 7h4h, 6h4h, 5h4h, Ah3h, Kh3h, Qh3h, Jh3h, Th3h, Ah2h, Kh2h, Qh2h, Jh2h, Th2h, AQo-ATo, A3o, K8o+, K3o, Q4o+, J8o+, T7o+, 98o

After my turn bet (which I think was correct) and villain call I would give him any draw and only hands with 3's and Q´s giving us the following range
      KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Qh8h, Jh8h, Th8h, 9h8h, Ah7h, Kh7h, Qh7h, Jh7h, Th7h, 9h7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Kh5h, Qh5h, Jh5h, Th5h, 9h5h, 8h5h, 7h5h, 6h5h, Ah4h, Kh4h, Qh4h, Jh4h, Th4h, 9h4h, 8h4h, 7h4h, 6h4h, 5h4h, Ah3h, Kh3h, Qh3h, Jh3h, Th3h, Ah2h, Kh2h, Qh2h, Jh2h, Th2h, AQo-AJo, A3o, KJo+, K3o, Q4o+, J9o-J8o, 98o

After my river bet (which I think I should not have made as not a lot of worse hands call and almost none better fold!) and his re-raise I would put him in any Strong Q, 2Pair any 3 or a bluff (having no idea about his bluffing frequence iI will give him 20% of his missed draws as bluffs, no idea if it is correct or how you guys do it),
      so the final range would be something like this
      33, A3s, J3s, T3s, KhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Ks9s, Kc9c, Jh9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Ks8s, Kc8c, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Kh3h, Ks3s, Kc3c, Qd3d, Qh3h, Qc3c, AJo, A3o, AdQh, AdQc, AhQd, AhQc, AsQd, AsQh, AsQc, AcQd, AcQh, KhQd, KhQc, KsQd, KsQh, KsQc, KcQd, KcQh, Kh3d, Kh3s, Kh3c, Ks3d, Ks3h, Ks3c, Kc3d, Kc3h, Kc3s, QdTh, QdTs, QdTc, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QcTd, QcTh, QcTs

2)Determine equity vs villain range
      Against this range on the river raise my equity with KQ is 48.36%

3)Determine if I shouldve called
      Pot = 50BB + "My bet" 35BB +"Villain raise" 84BB = 169BB
      Amount to Call = "Villain raise" 84BB - "My bet" 35BB = 49BB
      EQ = 49/(169+49) = 22.5%

Analysis conclusion:

So it seems that given the price I was getting I should call... even If i took a lot of blufs out of his range I would still be able to make a profitable call... Hmm

I was not expecting this! But I still think I shouldnt have bet the river because almost no better hands would fold and almost no worse hands would call...
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Tuesday Status Report
      Hands: 252/250
      Hand Review: 2/1

In terms of hand review I played these two hands almost back to back...

In the first hand I think I played it well... On the second one I think I played it so so bad... I guess the bets on the flop and turn are ok, but the river bet was just too much I think what do you guys think?

BB: 106.5 BB (VPIP: 23.71, PFR: 18.73, 3Bet Preflop: 8.90, Hands: 610)
      Hero (UTG): 176.5 BB
      MP: 46.5 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 6.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 15)
      CO: 100 BB (VPIP: 24.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 52)
      BTN: 190.5 BB (VPIP: 29.03, PFR: 16.13, 3Bet Preflop: 4.00, Hands: 63)
      SB: 27.5 BB (VPIP: 27.27, PFR: 6.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 30 BB, fold, BTN calls 20 BB

Flop: (64.5 BB, 2 players) Q:club: A:spade: 7:heart:
      Hero bets 45 BB, BTN raises to 160.5 BB and is all-in, fold,

BB: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 18.16, PFR: 13.08, 3Bet Preflop: 6.88, Hands: 422)
      Hero (UTG): 184 BB
      MP: 221 BB (VPIP: 16.76, PFR: 14.66, 3Bet Preflop: 5.31, Hands: 928)
      CO: 42 BB (VPIP: 29.41, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 18)
      BTN: 286 BB (VPIP: 15.73, PFR: 14.61, 3Bet Preflop: 3.85, Hands: 89)
      SB: 28 BB (VPIP: 72.73, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, CO calls 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond: 8:heart: Q:club:
      Hero bets 8 BB, fold, BTN calls 8 BB

Turn: (26.5 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero bets 15 BB, BTN calls 15 BB

River: (56.5 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets 29 BB, BTN raises to 85 BB, fold,
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Wednesday Status Report
      Hands: 246/250 (the hands missing are covered by the extra I played monday and tuesday :f_tongue: )
      Hand Review: (1/2)/1

iPoker - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

SB: 40 BB (VPIP: 21.54, PFR: 15.32, 3Bet Preflop: 3.27, Hands: 885)
      Hero (BB): 135 BB
      UTG: 76 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 12)
      CO: 114.5 BB (VPIP: 24.68, PFR: 22.08, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 79)
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 11.36, PFR: 6.82, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 45)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 4 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond: J:club: T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 5.5 BB, SB raises to 36 BB and is all-in, fold

Analysis objective:
      Relevant questions for this hand:

Should I have called?

Analysis Steps:

Ill do this tomorrow!

Analysis conclusion

Ill do this tomorrow!
    • Bayaku
      Bayaku
      Bronze
      Thursday Status Report
      Hands: 253/250
      Hand Review: (1/2)/1

So the hand I chose to analyze yesterday will be analyzed saturday.

The hand I have today is not for analysis, its just as a sort of shaming I'm doing to myself... I just lost 4 BI in like 25 hands by entering major stupidity tilt and this next hand is to show how monkey I get when I am tilting... just wow...

CO: 122.5 BB (VPIP: 13.76, PFR: 10.09, 3Bet Preflop: 2.17, Hands: 109)
      BTN: 151 BB (VPIP: 18.52, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 55)
      SB: 108 BB (VPIP: 23.09, PFR: 18.07, 3Bet Preflop: 3.98, Hands: 504)
      Hero (BB): 100 BB
      UTG: 112.5 BB (VPIP: 37.94, PFR: 15.66, 3Bet Preflop: 0.82, Hands: 282)
      MP: 105 BB (VPIP: 21.28, PFR: 12.77, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 48)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: T:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, MP calls 2 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, UTG calls 6 BB, fold

Flop: (18.5 BB, 2 players) A:heart: 6:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero bets 10 BB, UTG raises to 25 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

Turn: (68.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 34 BB, UTG raises to 68 BB, Hero calls 33 BB

River: (202.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bayaku
      Monday Status Report
      Hands: 256/250
      Hand Review 1/1

BB: 53.5 BB (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 5.13, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
      UTG: 18.5 BB (VPIP: 17.86, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 56)
      Hero (MP): 192.5 BB
      CO: 39 BB (VPIP: 23.08, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 5.00, Hands: 40)
      BTN: 102 BB (VPIP: 23.13, PFR: 18.80, 3Bet Preflop: 4.17, Hands: 419)
      SB: 107.5 BB (VPIP: 73.91, PFR: 4.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) Q:heart: 3:club: T:heart:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 6 BB, SB calls 6 BB, fold

Turn: (21 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 14.5 BB, SB calls 14.5 BB

River: (50 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 35 BB, SB raises to 84 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 49 BB

Analysis objective:
      Relavant questions for this hand:

Should I have called?

Analysis Steps:

1) Determine villain range
      So the villain was calling a lot, even with a low hand sample he had VPIP of 74 and a PFR of 4 but I will be conservative and use a VPIP 65% and PFR 4% range on equilab.

This gives us the following range
      88-22, AJs-A2s, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 94s+, 84s+, 74s+, 64s+, 54s, AQo-A2o, K2o+, Q4o+, J6o+, T7o+, 97o+, 86o+, 76o

After my flop bet (which I think was correct) and villain call I would give him any draw and any pocket pair or pair on the table, giving us the following range
      88-22, KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Qh8h, Jh8h, Th8h, 9h8h, Ah7h, Kh7h, Qh7h, Jh7h, Th7h, 9h7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Kh5h, Qh5h, Jh5h, Th5h, 9h5h, 8h5h, 7h5h, 6h5h, Ah4h, Kh4h, Qh4h, Jh4h, Th4h, 9h4h, 8h4h, 7h4h, 6h4h, 5h4h, Ah3h, Kh3h, Qh3h, Jh3h, Th3h, Ah2h, Kh2h, Qh2h, Jh2h, Th2h, AQo-ATo, A3o, K8o+, K3o, Q4o+, J8o+, T7o+, 98o

After my turn bet (which I think was correct) and villain call I would give him any draw and only hands with 3's and Q´s giving us the following range
      KhQh, AhJh, KhJh, QhJh, AhTh, KhTh, QhTh, JhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Qh9h, Jh9h, Th9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Qh8h, Jh8h, Th8h, 9h8h, Ah7h, Kh7h, Qh7h, Jh7h, Th7h, 9h7h, 8h7h, Ah6h, Kh6h, Qh6h, Jh6h, Th6h, 9h6h, 8h6h, 7h6h, Ah5h, Kh5h, Qh5h, Jh5h, Th5h, 9h5h, 8h5h, 7h5h, 6h5h, Ah4h, Kh4h, Qh4h, Jh4h, Th4h, 9h4h, 8h4h, 7h4h, 6h4h, 5h4h, Ah3h, Kh3h, Qh3h, Jh3h, Th3h, Ah2h, Kh2h, Qh2h, Jh2h, Th2h, AQo-AJo, A3o, KJo+, K3o, Q4o+, J9o-J8o, 98o

After my river bet (which I think I should not have made as not a lot of worse hands call and almost none better fold!) and his re-raise I would put him in any Strong Q, 2Pair any 3 or a bluff (having no idea about his bluffing frequence iI will give him 20% of his missed draws as bluffs, no idea if it is correct or how you guys do it),
      so the final range would be something like this
      33, A3s, J3s, T3s, KhQh, AhJh, AhTh, KhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, Ah9h, Kh9h, Ks9s, Kc9c, Jh9h, Ah8h, Kh8h, Ks8s, Kc8c, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Kh3h, Ks3s, Kc3c, Qd3d, Qh3h, Qc3c, AJo, A3o, AdQh, AdQc, AhQd, AhQc, AsQd, AsQh, AsQc, AcQd, AcQh, KhQd, KhQc, KsQd, KsQh, KsQc, KcQd, KcQh, Kh3d, Kh3s, Kh3c, Ks3d, Ks3h, Ks3c, Kc3d, Kc3h, Kc3s, QdTh, QdTs, QdTc, QhTd, QhTs, QhTc, QcTd, QcTh, QcTs

2)Determine equity vs villain range
      Against this range on the river raise my equity with KQ is 48.36%

3)Determine if I shouldve called
      Pot = 50BB + "My bet" 35BB +"Villain raise" 84BB = 169BB
      Amount to Call = "Villain raise" 84BB - "My bet" 35BB = 49BB
      EQ = 49/(169+49) = 22.5%

Analysis conclusion:

So it seems that given the price I was getting I should call... even If i took a lot of blufs out of his range I would still be able to make a profitable call... Hmm

I was not expecting this! But I still think I shouldnt have bet the river because almost no better hands would fold and almost no worse hands would call...
      hi, you put a lot of effort in this hand and i think it's a shame that no one has given any input.

here's my quick reflex evaluation: villain is a very very very loose-passive type and probably has any suited cards and most connected cards in his range. so you should definitely bet flop and turn, tons of value from draws and worse pairs.
      now, should you bet river? yeah you should. no straights complete and he still has tons of worse pairs in his range (just think about all the worse suited queens, while it's also not unlikely he calls AT, KT, ...)

when he raises, you are almost literally always losing. their bluffing frequency in this spot (specially coming from this player) is like less than 1% or something and he's not raising a hand that doesn't beat AQ

gl