This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

At what limit are there more strong players than fishy random players SH?

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I jumped up to .50/1 today after a week or so of learning and playing limit (bankrolled for higher still). After 3 one hour sessions 2-tabling I have to say that some the shit that goes on at .50/1 is ridiculous and maybe more random than .25/.50 -- but I can't complain since I'm ahead a bit so far and plan on continuing my online odyssey of online limit holdem.

At what limit is the play not so consistently random?
  • 4 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I can't answer your question as I've just introduced some FR .50/1 tables into my multitabling, but I'm with you in that level seems noticeably looser than FR .25/.5.

Only tiny sample size at this stage tbh but early impressions are favourable!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I found 2/4 more reasonable but it's limit where you can find first real long time preflop maniacs (60/33) - by long time I mean players who use to play few times per week (1k-3k hands), not just one time BR busters...

I like it the most, because it starts to look like poker game sometimes (it's quite possible to get 4/6 TAGs on 1 table) but there're still tons of fish :)

My guess is, it becomes more serious on 5/T+, but fish can be found everywhere (I saw some video with 62/13/1.2 guy on 30/60)
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Does anybody know how are the players on Fulltilt .25/.50 SH compared to other sites? Theoretically .25/.50 should be softer on FT than on other sites because it's the lowest limit available. How many fish compared to TAGs are at this limit?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I dont know how it is compared to Stars, but you should be able to win at both :P