[NL20-NL50] Raising structure

• Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hi,

I am still not sure on the raising structure in no limit hold 'em. Some poeple have told me that pre-flop, when you want to reraise someone, the minimum raise is just another big blind. Post flop however, the minimum reraise is that of the previous raise. Other people have said there is no pre-flop post flop bullshit. It is all the same through out the hand - the minimum bet refers to the BB, and the minimum reraise is that of the previous raise. So i'm basically confused as to which theory is correct. Someone please tell me.

Cheers,
      Joronamo.
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Pre-flop:
      min-raise amount when you enter the pot or it is limped pot is 2bb.
      When someone is raised pf, then the min amount that you can re-raise is imo the difference between raise-bb. So if he raises 3bb then you can re-raise 5bb ((3bb-1bb)+3bb)
      Postflop: when someone bets 1bb then min-raise is 2bb. When someone bets 12bb, then min-amount is 24bb. So twice as someone bet.
      But I wouldn´t almost never just min-raise. It is better make to 2,5x-3x raise to get more value and protect your hand.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      the min amount that you can re-raise is imo the difference between raise-bb.

So basically your saying preflop the minimum re-raise is the original raise-BB. Is that in your opinion or an actual rule. I thought preflop you could reraise increments of the BB and then post flop it was double the original raise.

Please let me know.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      At least that I can do, if I play Fulltilt. Don´t think that it should different any other poker sites. But you can always try out yourself.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hey,

Yep, your right i played some SNGs on full tilt and preflop reraising is raise-BB. I still think its a stupid rule cause it just make things more complex but anyway i would never minimum reraise preflop. Was just curious because i have home games and some of of my friends weren't sure on the rules.

Thanks!
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      At least that I can do, if I play Fulltilt. Don´t think that it should different any other poker sites. But you can always try out yourself.
      its not only like that on FT, also on party, stars, iPoker,...
      general rule so it's everywhere :D

u have to see it like this:
      if u make raise
      u raise on top of the bb/previous raise
      if someone else want to raise u they have to at least double your raise
      preflop thats exactly what Kaitz said, (raise-bb) postflop its just double the amount
      but a 3bet or reraise postflop would also be (raise-bet) on top of the raise
      so I bet 1 in a 1,5 pot postflop
      someone raises to 2
      I can raise to 3!
      and he can raise to 4 and so on ;)