No more bonus for US?

• Becomplex
      Well i took the quiz for the startup bonus of 50 + 100, but when i went to claim it on Partypoker I got this message instead.

The President of the United States has signed legislation that now causes PartyGaming to have to cease taking wagers from US customers. We will also suspend accepting deposits from US customers while we reevaluate our business model for the US and assess potential offerings to US customers that would be within the new law.

This will not affect the Play For Free games and we will be seeking to provide additional products and services to our US player community.

Naturally, your Account will remain accessible.

Non-US players and all Play For Free services will not be affected.

Is there any legal way around this to still get the 50 bucks into my account?
  • 4 replies
    • Chazza
      When you signed up at pokerstrategy you needed to check a box that said you were not from the US for this exact reason. If you are living somewhere else you can still get the money and just sign up to party using that address, but if you live in the US there's nothing you can do at the moment.
      We just hope Obama loves poker enough to make some changes. That's much more important that getting you guys out of a recession. ;)
    • Puciek
      TBH there should be big question poping 23048234 times "make sure you are not from USA" before registration.
    • Chiller3k
      Hello Becomplex,

I am sorry to say that at the moment we cannot transfer starting capital to players from the U.S. due to the current legal situation in your country. This is why you needed to indicate that you are not from the USA when you registered.

If and when the legal situation in the USA changes we hope to also accept US players - but until then there is nothing we can do

Best regards
    • complexity0
      I never saw that during the registration process.