Iron Man Challenge-SILVER

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Just qualified yesterday. Who else did it?
      Are you going for the medals or the freeroll? I am definitely freerolling this.

I am only playing cash games so I will have to revisit the tournament strategy section and play a couple of warm ups.

Have you played the freerolls before? How are they? Any tips? Are you playing this month?
  • 28 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I was silver last month. I took freeroll :D Is a must really. I mean 15k$ with last month only 888 entrants :D Add that 1/4 was offline whole thing and you have a really nice freeroll :D I took home 45$ with a bit luck lmao(on bubble i pushed all in with AQo from CU called from BB who turn KK river A :D )

Anyway my suggestion observe opponents and try to outplay them early stage;)

I played really aggressive at start since i had 3 offline on my table 2 total nits but i didn't get much chips :/ But was nice rollercoaster :D

This month i am gold ;) Problem is that probably less players offline and better opponents so will be hard :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      meh I'm bronze this month...
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn
      So even easier freeroll ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      only bronze ... I'm going for iron in december :D
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      So even easier freeroll ;)
      I doubt I'll play the freeroll.. Since it's seriously -ev for me since it takes away from my rakeback and the prizes ain't too great... And I'm only few medals away from $26 ticket so I'll most likely just go for the medals
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      I doubt I'll play the freeroll.. Since it's seriously -ev for me since it takes away from my rakeback and the prizes ain't too great... And I'm only few medals away from $26 ticket so I'll most likely just go for the medals
      playing the bronze freeroll, you will lose out on like $4 in rakeback :)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      i have registered for freeroll yayyy
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I have only 423 opponents :D 90 places paid :D To me sounds to nice not to finally get lucky at one tourney ;)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      I have only 423 opponents :D 90 places paid :D To me sounds to nice not to finally get lucky at one tourney ;)
      so you are in gold i guess

i am in silver. 806 people 180 paid.

i am counting on a fair few not showing up, how do you think i should adapt the strategy with so much dead money around? keep tight or attack em?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Made Bronze status at first attempt last month, on course for Silver/Gold this month, but will probably settle on Bronze again as I want to spend some 'non poker' Chrimbo time. :D

Wasn't around at the time of the Freeroll so took the bonus medals. Will probably continue taking these & bonus $ to build BR first, but maybe change over to MTT buy in/Freeroll later on. Assume it all affects rakeback either way so no real advantage, just preference at the time. Any views anyone?

Bart.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Personally I'm buying the $26 tickets for the medals.. Doesn't affect rakeback and gets you into way nicer tourneys than the freerolls :)

also if your gonna continue playing on fulltilt for ironman you should use the medals since everytime since when you make the ironman more often you'll receive more medals... Like first month of bronze you get 30 medals.. 2nd month you get 40... or something like that :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Personally I'm buying the $26 tickets for the medals.. Doesn't affect rakeback and gets you into way nicer tourneys than the freerolls :)

also if your gonna continue playing on fulltilt for ironman you should use the medals since everytime since when you make the ironman more often you'll receive more medals... Like first month of bronze you get 30 medals.. 2nd month you get 40... or something like that :)
      Yep good thinking, thanks Hlynkinn.

Bart
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      so you are in gold i guess

i am in silver. 806 people 180 paid.

i am counting on a fair few not showing up, how do you think i should adapt the strategy with so much dead money around? keep tight or attack em?
      I was LAG :D I had 4 players on my table away so i stealed like crazy because other players on table very TAGs. Problem was that two of them exploited my LAG style so i didn't make much chips first hour;(

Anyway if you have many players away on table you should play as SH ;) SO loosen up;)

Originally posted by EagleStar88

Yep good thinking, thanks Hlynkinn.

Bart
      About medals!

Yes you get more medals if you continue iron man challenge but freeroll costs are fixed and are:
      bronze 25
      silver 40
      gold 70
      iron 100

So i still get 15 medals (85-70) for being gold third month.

All about iron man is that you play freaking everyday. It is hard sometimes and is problem when you have long holidays away(more than week).
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      good luck to everyone taking part
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      came 57th

i would recommend it to anyone
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      nice, how much was it?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I'm trying to qualify for silver this month, It's my first month in Iron Man, but yesterday FTP closed my account and apparently the account of other Pokerstrategy students for some sort of fraud investigation. Well, hope I get my account back on time to qualify!

Besides getting medals or entries to freerolls there is a bonus they offer for each level right? (Bronze $25, Silver $50 and so on..) Will we get this bonus actually deposited on our account by the end of december?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This end year bonus is on top of the freeroll or medals. At the end of the year you get some money for every month you qualified for Iron Man no matter what you got as a reward that month. I hope it will be the same the next year since it seems like a really nice deal that would give you significantly more % rakeback which is alway nice of course..
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      around $50

but the worst thing is that i was 3rd chip leader, went for a quick leak and when i came back it was my turn to act, someone had gone all in and in my rush to not get timed out as i was on bb and would miss next hand too i missclicked call....

try winning with 94o vs jj

i almost cried

i have also qualified for this month, my br was extremely low and i had to spend ages on the tables to get the points every day, most days i got just over 50 and left so the rakeback will be minimal. just finished really high on a tournament though so i moved up, hopefully i will qualify a few more months and get a good bonus in the summer as i will only get 100 this december since i opened the acc late october