[Daily Updates] From $931.53 to $0! 6-max hypers PS! (Supernova on the way?)

• omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Hey fellas!

This thread is going to be fun as the goal is to profit, learn and hopefully achieve supernova at the same time!

So in the last few years I was quite interested in poker but just could barely deposit $50 or even $80 at a time and every time I blew it every time, so now after growing a successful business, I am able to make a comeback in poker and decided to deposit $2.4k around a week ago. Went to play some high stakes tournaments and lost almost $1.5k and then i remembered exactly why I was failing! I was just going to the highest limit and blowing everything I had!

So, with my last $931.53 for the year (Means I won't deposit anything this year if I lose the bankroll) to play 6max hyper SNGs in PS.

I'm going to start grinding again the $1.50 SNGs until I am able to win in a consistent way. I could even start at the $7s but if I am able to dominate the $1.50s, growing will be a lot easier.

Now, as I have money from my business, I have decided to invest in several tools to increase my edge, my knowledge and hopefully my winrate.

What I bought so far:

-PokerTracker 4
      -Pokerstrategy Diamond level to watch videos for the better

Thinking of buying but at the time testing:

-SitNGo Wizard
      -Tableninja 2 (It's a monster when it comes to mass tabling hypers!)

A few months ago I bought a really powerful computer for games, business and poker as well.

On another hand, I will update daily with hands, graph and what I did to learn more about ICM, Nash and increase my winrate!

So far this year I started playing poker again and vaguely remembering some things here and there so I decided to play again hypers and so far this is the graph:

The plan?

-Learn everyday to improve my game
      -Put tons of volume daily (At least 500-1k games daily)
      -Update this thread at the end of the day with graphs and some hands

The goals:

-Take the $900 and get some nice ROI!
      -Achieve supernova!
      -Try not to blow the whole $900!

As I will also try to achieve supernova in 2015, I will put tons of volume in these games!

This thread will end when either:

-I blow my bankroll OR
      -Achieve supernova

So I may achieve supernova and end with a tiny bankroll, which the bonus would help. I think I get around $5k for supernova or so in bonuses so even if end up with a TINY bankroll, those bonuses may get me in the green!

I LOVE poker as I LOVE chess (and sudoku!) as they are mostly mental games and I like to think!

THIS WILL BE A FUN THREAD!

Stay tuned!

I will make an update for today's end session!
  • 17 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Nice challenge to reach SuperNova this year. Good luck with it :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Update!

Yesterday I decided to play quite a bit of games but I have to say that eventough I play really good regarding ICM and stealing blinds I can't seem to still make it.

Made -$73.24 in 300 games which means at this rate I will be bust in 10 days or so lol.

The graph for the day:

The overall graph for the year:

Though it seems Im a consisting loser at this games at -13% ROI lol

Will update tomorrow and see how it goes.

Cheers!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      So I decided to look up for coaching to beat these 6max hypers.

I know its not going to be easy but I will do my very best to turn those graphs upside down :f_cool:

Nothing is impossible and I'm determined to make this happen!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      So as I said earlier I decided to get coaching to change that graph into a positive one, and so I did and found a great guy that without even the first lesson given yet, helped me find my biggest leak. It seems I didn't like to play postflop but only push-fold mode which obviously is not the best strategy as you lose all of your edge you have postflop.

Anyway, so in the last few days I finally managed to achieve my first positive graph, here's the graph from July 7th to July 8:

Though it seems im running above EV, I have to say that playing postflop it's been a great experience so far as it seems 2-3 barrels usually gets your opponents to fold even if you are bluffing.

Here's the graph so far this year:

This will be interesting and we'll see if i am able to turn that overall graph into green!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Yesterday was the worst session ever!

Tons of good good hands against great hands, kk vs 66 6xx two times in the session lol.

Yesterdays's graph:

Though at least the times I cashed were almost all of them in #1

Exactly what that graph is:

Overall graph:

Today I will play 400 games (2x 200 games sessions) in the $3.50s and see how it goes.

I continue studying by watching videos, icm nash ranges etc.
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Yesterday had some 30BI downswing but at least it seems that was only for the first 60 or so games, then the last 180ish games I was actually in a positive trend:

Overall graph till date:

• omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Bankroll is at: $1,072.05 (still in red as i deposited another $500ish teh other day, which will be the last deposit as I don't want to spend a lot of money in something that could potentially be a non-profitable venture)

It should be enough to handle the variance, but at my current losing rate, I should be busto in around 20 days or so.

Obviously I keep working hard on my game, watch the tons of videos available in Pokerstrategy and I will have my first lesson with my coach tomorrow.

I truly hope to turn that graph upside down and as usually my ventures turn to profit due to hard work, learning and studying I believe I have the attitude to make this happen.

Obviously I know not all ventures have to turn profit so if I will lose, I will keep my loses to the lowest possible.

Didn't play this weekend so no graphs this time.

Going for supernova would help a bit in almost getting into green so I guess it's worth it, the only question is, a this losing rate, will I be able to even get to supernova?

Only time will tell :)
    • tennajkrajsi
      tennajkrajsi
      Silver
      lol.... At First you should start winning at micro stakes and dont think about supernova
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tennajkrajsi
      lol.... At First you should start winning at micro stakes and dont think about supernova
      Totally agree with that. Im not sure what ive been doing wrong or if its just variance lol

Either this will be truly successful or i will end up blowing the bankroll and ending up stacking winning players lol
    • palaidnis
      palaidnis
      Bronze
      Iam on loosing streak myself and trying to improve my game first and only then think about playing, cuz there must be some problems if iam not winning :D
      Lets make it in green zone ;) :f_love:
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      I haven't updated in a while as I've been working on my game as well as thinking about the best way to play.

So this graph is from today, 20-tabling 150 games and I have to say it's been a lot more profitable to play 20 tables than 6 tables for teh sole reason that I don't get to see the bad beats and I don't frustrate! :D

It's all about making quick decisions, thinking and acting fast and well, this graph talks by itself :)

I will continue to play 20 tables at once and hopefully reach PlatinumStar in pokerstars as I'm just about 500 vpps from goldstar :)

Then I will take a shot and go for supernova this year!
    • Swiezak
      Swiezak
      Bronze
      good luck. :f_drink:
    • palaidnis
      palaidnis
      Bronze
      Good luck with supernova ;)
      iam dreaming about supernova myself, but its really far away for me :(
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Well, I stopped updating and stopped playing hypers, the reason?

I think I find hypers hard to beat and tournaments are the way to go for me ;)

These are some results from these past days:

Pretty good results so far ;)

It's all about timing and getting to know the opponents!

I may continue updating this thread
    • palaidnis
      palaidnis
      Bronze
      Keep it up and take one of these torneys home!!!
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by palaidnis
      Keep it up and take one of these torneys home!!!
      Totally!

Problem is that i seem to win top3 in mtts in ftp a lot more times than in ps but the money is low so im not sure where to play lol.

Posting a few pics later
    • omegapirate
      omegapirate
      Bronze
      I'm going to continue updating! ;)