Yet another grateful newbie

• c4lyps0
      c4lyps0
      Bronze
      First, thanks a lot for this opportunity. This is the best poker site I've seen. I love the strategy section, I love the supportive community here, those 50 bucks starting capital is just an icing on the cake, really.

I started playing Poker about 10 months ago after seeing some tourneys on TV. Thought I might give it a try. Learned the rules at play money tables and freerolls, then decided to make a real deposit at PS. That was a few weeks before I found out about PokerStrategy.com. No retracking, so I created an account at Party and got the money promptly. And I haven't lost it all yet. :D

Actually, I'm currently playing SSS (or smth close as the min buy-in is $2.00) at Party 0.02/04 beginners tables and my bankroll is about $70. I'm quite happy considering my prohibitive work schedule which makes it possible to only play for about 5-6 hours a week. But that's a start.

I hope to get the Elephant license soon to be able to post hands for evaluation as I'm afraid there are quite a few leaks. I may be a bit too tight at times, but hey, I'm a female. :)
  • 6 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      @c4lyps0,
      "smth close" to SSS wont work well in the longterm. Its a very strict strategy, which requires 20BB and doesnt work with more than that.I would advise you either to play SSS at NL10,where the min buy-in will be the same -2$, or BSS at NL2(4).
      Elephant has a trial period, try it.Anyway, you dont need it to post hands for evaluation.
      Good luck!
    • c4lyps0
      c4lyps0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkonebg
      @c4lyps0,
      "smth close" to SSS wont work well in the longterm. Its a very strict strategy, which requires 20BB and doesnt work with more than that.I would advise you either to play SSS at NL10,where the min buy-in will be the same -2$, or BSS at NL2(4).
      Yeah, I realise I'm not getting 100% out of SSS, but I want to play it safe for now. If I feel courageous I may try NL10 to see how it goes.

Elephant has a trial period, try it.Anyway, you dont need it to post hands for evaluation.
      I thought some software is needed to convert hands into a form suitable for forum analysis. How do I post hands then?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well, SSS is to be followed strictly :D
      Sure,elephant can be used to convert hands.But you can also use Grabem(in the downloads section).Or some online hand converters(I cant post links but you can search google for it).After a questionable hand, go to "last hand" on party, and copy paste the text information, copy it in theconverter and post the code into the forum.But better stick 100% to SSS, otherwise your evaluations wouldnt do you any good,
    • c4lyps0
      c4lyps0
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, darkonebg. I'll try to grab a hand converter and play some NL10 this week.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Welcome to the site c4lyps0 :)

Happy to have you aboard and hoping to see you around!

Good luck at the tables ;)
      SoyCD
    • c4lyps0
      c4lyps0
      Bronze
      What a frustrating weekend so far. Have been dealt AA only once and fobv was cracked by 55. Pocket queens always met AK on the flop, whereas my all-ins with AK either happened to be versus AA/KK or didn't pair at all. Figure it's time to have a look at those phychology articles as I'm probably tilting now because of those continuous misses. And I lost 10 bucks in 2 days, so I'm down to 60. :(