Most effective use of a coaching session?

• WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Hi guys, I am looking at getting some coaching at the end of this month potentially if things go well enough in my challenge. I am just wondering if any of you guys have any tips as to what you feel is the most effective thing to do during a 1 hour coaching session; leak busting, database analysis etc etc. What helped you the most?
  • 8 replies
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      what coaching? NL or OMAHA ?

i think that for NL, hand review in HM2 after the session is best but i never took lessons yet.
      u have all the stats and can replay the session by table and in the real time order
      only thing you miss is time tells ... so it is very good !
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      sorry i did not see it is in OMAHA FORUM
    • VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      I would share my opinion for NL - If I have one choice I would rather like to have recorded session review. Record like 3-4 sessions 50-60 min long playing 3-4 tables choose one with the most action and comment with the coach.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I can share the thoughts of a coach. For just one hour, you can't do miracles.

For watching recorded gameplay with a coach you might see some leaks, or you might not. The biggest value in there is to discuss about the thinking process, and you would see how much there is to think and see during a hand.

Leakfinding a database will probably reveal some situations where you have lost money in that database, so it can definitely spot some leak spots.

What ever the method is, the biggest problem is that you can't dig deep enough in one hour, unless you know where to go. Like if you see in database leakfinding that you lose too much on the blinds, it doesn't yet reveal in what spots you lose the money. Or if you lose money by calling preflop, it doesn't show where the actual problem is. Is it hand selection, folding too much postflop, being too aggressive postflop, bad river play etc.?

And yet one thing that affects this all is your level of PLO and poker as overall. That's why normally the best value in coaching comes from multiple hours, where you can use the first hour to evaluate your learning curve and then continue with the tools that benefit you the most.

P.S. The video of Activity Reward coaching sould be out next week. After you see that (as you weren't able to attend it live) your winrate will go up instantly. :)
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kyyberi
      P.S. The video of Activity Reward coaching sould be out next week. After you see that (as you weren't able to attend it live) your winrate will go up instantly. :)
      the video is full omaha ?
      if it is full omaha and u say the word "winrate" ... then i guess i need to learn omaha
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      No, it's short leakfinding for two active members for 6max.
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      oh i see :)
      lucky guys
    • WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Great, I shall definitely watch it, I was really gutted I couldn't talk to you during the session. I will definitely contact you in the near future in regards to coaching. I think 10% of my profits can be spent on coaching, invest to improve. So in $80 I shall likely contact you in regards to the first of hopefully more coaching sessions.