double2 Private Coaching

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Hi guys,
      as most of you know I've been a coach here at PokerStrategy for a while. Now that I have some extra free time on my hands (here in Portugal I'm not gonna be able to play Poker in the next 3 months) I finally decided to make an official coaching thread.

Although I'm not as good as some coaches like Internet or sirrybob (both of which I had several hours of private coaching, by the way) my prices are way more inviting and I believe I can deffinitely help the big majority of players playing up to 100NL.

You can find my videos for PokerStrategy here
      I also suggest you take a look at my highlight hands.

My rate is 110$ for 90min (~73$/h) or 300$ for three sessions of 90 min. We can do whatever the student wants in this time. Personally I feel the format that is most helpful and more time efficient is some sort of database filtering and discussion. For example, on the first 60-90min we check the overall stats of the student, try to find some obvious leaks that could direct later coachings, we talk a bit about pre flop ranges and we discuss what the student feels he struggles the most with. Based on that we plan the next coachings. It goes without saying that the more you prepare for the coaching (like making a good pre-selection of hands) the more you get out of it.

Anyways, please send me private message with skype information if you want to discuss future coachings.
      I appreciate any feedback former students want to give.

• 4 replies
    • rompas
      rompas
      Hi,

how is the situation now in Portugal? all rooms closeing down for a period and trying to get the license and then opening again?
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by rompas
      Hi,

how is the situation now in Portugal? all rooms closeing down for a period and trying to get the license and then opening again?
      Yes, PokerStars and Full Tilt confirmed that they are applying for a license, according to the goverment things should be up and running on October.
    • Grouchy
      Grouchy
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have played in the past year or so around 400k hands at 25NL rush, and I have a winrate of 0.7bb/100. If I can take one coaching session and put 25 hours studying / playing poker per week, how long do you think it would take me to be able to win 5bb or 6bb/100 at this limit?

I know there are some factors that influence this (how fast I learn for ex), but as a rough estimate?

Thanks
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Grouchy
      Hi,

I have played in the past year or so around 400k hands at 25NL rush, and I have a winrate of 0.7bb/100. If I can take one coaching session and put 25 hours studying / playing poker per week, how long do you think it would take me to be able to win 5bb or 6bb/100 at this limit?

I know there are some factors that influence this (how fast I learn for ex), but as a rough estimate?

Thanks
      Super difficult to answer this. You're clearly not a beginner, I would say that with 25h/week availability and with three 90 min coaching I can't see why you wouldn't beat 25nl for 3+bbs/100.

Just one session, it will help, but even tougher to say how much.