[NL2-NL10] NL50 JJ re-raise

• Berzerger
      The guy was playing kind of loose, but I hesitated with my re-raise because he was deepstacked and raising from UTG. Is my play here okay?

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:diamond: , J:heart:
      UTG1 raises to $1,50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4,00, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $2,50.

Flop: ($8,75) 3:club: , 8:club: , 8:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $6,00 (All-In), UTG1 calls $6,00.

Turn: ($20,75) K:club:
      River: ($20,75) 6:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and eights (Jd Jh)
      UTG1 shows a flush, ace high (Ac Qs)

UTG1 wins with a flush, ace high (Ac Qs)

I played four hands on NL50 today, JJ, QQ, TT and AQ. They cost me $40, all in similar fashion, so now I'm playing NL20 again.
  • 4 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Well, what you have to ask yourself is what starting hands will he raise with in situations like this. Then you can equilate and find what % you have against that range to see if you can push. JJ has a 52.9% Equity against a 7.5% raising range. (99+ AJ+ KQ+)

One other thing, your raise to $4 is kind of tricky play. You're committed to push any flop so you can just push pre like normal instead. pretty much, If you raise to 1/3rd of your starting stacksize you can consider pushing.
    • burek2000
      Nh. Not much you could do here.
    • Gerv
      Hello Berzerger,

You shouldn't be bothered by the stacksize + position of him if you play Basic SSS, a deepstack means more money for us because deepstackers tend to play quite loose against us because we ''cannot'' hurt them much :)

As played, play with a 3x Reraise Rule with Basic SSS.
      I prefer pushing this one directly but normal RRaising is now fine as well because it gives the opportunity of CO+ to call as well :)

Be prepared to fold if any overcard comes with a multiway pot if you decide to just normal RRaise instead of shoving ;)

I played four hands on NL50 today, JJ, QQ, TT and AQ. They cost me $40, all in similar fashion, so now I'm playing NL20 again.
      That's just short-term variance and should be ignored as a form of discipline. Yes it sucks but that's Poker, getting backdoors :)

- Gerv
    • davidangel
      Sometimes fish catch cards. Thats poker. (fish did make a bad bad call here, both pre and post flop)
      Your preflop re-raise range is JJ+ AK and villian is waaaay behind, so we love the loose call. On average the fish have a 4 outer in these situations, so you can expect to win big in the long term. The only way for you to lose is if you lose your nerves and stop playing your big hands aggresively. (now you are the fish too)
      I think you passed a tilt test by moving down a limit, others with less resolve then you go broke. Congrats. Hope you crush NL20 and get your groove back!
      Happy chum hunting!