888 support is useless

• ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      I have had problems with FTP support in the past, but at least they always provided me with adequate support.

888 poker doesn't.

A few days ago I was playing in a private real-money tournament, password protected, with <100 players. 2 of these players were Romanian, and their names went XXXX4 and XXXX2 (something like that. Main point is that 90% of the name was the same) which is very strange, especially since they were from the same country and playing on such a small tourney. I decided to check both of these players and follow their tables.

4 was the chip leader at the time, and 2 was sitting out and falling behind. As soon as player 4 losses, and after 2 minutes, player 2 is now back on line.

All the evidence I needed to spot a double accounter, and I send them an email about it. No answer. No action. Nothing.

The same thing happened to me once in pokerstars, and the evidence was much smaller (2 players, similar name, private tournament): all I had was a screen recording showing that if one was playing, the other would have folded, and when sat out, so did the other. Within minutes I had an email from Stars saying that it was indeed suspicious and they would take action on it, even though they couldn't share details.

It has been over 72 hours since I contacted 888, nothing. I don't know if that's because I never gave them rake or they are just incompent, but "24/7 award winning support team" is a joke and should be seen as false advertising.
  • 7 replies
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      No sh'it Sherlock :P

888 probably has THE WORST costumer support of all sites
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      No sh'it Sherlock :P

888 probably has THE WORST costumer support of all sites
      Gotta agree :f_drink:
    • unshpe
      unshpe
      Basic
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Frexas22
      Frexas22
      Bronze
      I got a email from the support yesterday i got surprised so i looked what i have sent, it was a question i asked 4 weeks ago...
      Btw the rake is huge and you will die before your get your own cash. 8 days from the day you press the button. 8 day to accept a transaction.
      This site is crap.
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by ilostmysoul
      I have had problems with FTP support in the past, but at least they always provided me with adequate support.

888 poker doesn't.

A few days ago I was playing in a private real-money tournament, password protected, with <100 players. 2 of these players were Romanian, and their names went XXXX4 and XXXX2 (something like that. Main point is that 90% of the name was the same) which is very strange, especially since they were from the same country and playing on such a small tourney. I decided to check both of these players and follow their tables.

4 was the chip leader at the time, and 2 was sitting out and falling behind. As soon as player 4 losses, and after 2 minutes, player 2 is now back on line.

All the evidence I needed to spot a double accounter, and I send them an email about it. No answer. No action. Nothing.

The same thing happened to me once in pokerstars, and the evidence was much smaller (2 players, similar name, private tournament): all I had was a screen recording showing that if one was playing, the other would have folded, and when sat out, so did the other. Within minutes I had an email from Stars saying that it was indeed suspicious and they would take action on it, even though they couldn't share details.

It has been over 72 hours since I contacted 888, nothing. I don't know if that's because I never gave them rake or they are just incompent, but "24/7 award winning support team" is a joke and should be seen as false advertising.
      There is usually up to a 72 hour waiting time for support to reply to you but with all the recent problems they are extremely busy at the moment so may take a lot longer but they should reply to your email in due course.
      Apologies for the delay.
    • ilostmysoul
      ilostmysoul
      Bronze
      Updated to confirm I got a reply on the matter yesterday, 18/07, 6 days after I emailled them, which is twice the maximum amount of time they predicted.

Still, better late than never.
    • jantleman7777
      jantleman7777
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ilostmysoul
      Updated to confirm I got a reply on the matter yesterday, 18/07, 6 days after I emailled them, which is twice the maximum amount of time they predicted.

Still, better late than never.