Super Speed SNGS

• RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      Quick question, probably doesn't require too much thought. I think most decent players are of the general consensus that Turbo's and super turbos are pretty much crapshoots and wayyyyy too much variance.

My question is: If you play a super turbo 6 or 10 max like the latter stages of a tournament, and pretty much go into push and fold mode straight away, could this be a profitable approach?
  • 7 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Yes, u will have to push there with a lot of hands. Most time you will be flipping, and to cash in super turbo sng you must win couple of that flips thats why its called crapshoot ;p
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I dont think the rake is beatable... or atleast not beatable enough for me :)

Feel free to prove me wrong. I'll accept 500 tournament samplesize :D
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      haha might do for a bit of fun...but i dont fancy losing a load of money to find out what I think we all already know :D
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      You can solve that with simple math, count how many coinflips you have to win to actualy cash in them, and you will see that this is negative roi.
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      I take it that noone has seen this Super Turbo SnG Player's blog?

MiskoKvo

Quite successful..

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I'm pretty sure he started his blog after this thread had died.
      But anyway, decent players thinking that TURBOs are crapshoots or whatever is BS. Why would you see so many REGs palying TURBOS and so few the slow SNGs then?
      It is a bit different form of poker but it can be profitable if played with the right strategy IMO.
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Exactly. I almost strictly play only the Turbo's and in fact, I am thinking of moving my BR to another site because I can move up, but FTP is limited in their SnG's..