PokerStars refusing to approve cashout- despite approving it twice.

• ElGofre
      Hi everyone. Apologies if this isn't an appropriate place to ask for advice on this matter, and sorry for the long read, so a big thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.

So yeah, the situation is as confusing as the title. I've been having major issues with PokerStar's customer support over the past few weeks, and since this is my first foray into online poker for money I thought I'd get the advice from somebody more experienced, just to make sure that I'm not going insane and that I'm not in the wrong.

Last month I noticed this promotion on PokerStars and decided to make the jump into playing online poker for money. I deposited my £10 GBP and started playing, and received the bonus credits of $16 within the stated timeframe, which I elected to keep separate from my originally deposited GBP balance (partly to avoid the very issue I'm having). I was fairly lucky with the money I deposited and managed to win a few small tournaments and increased my balance to £25, before losing some and arriving at my current balance of £20.

Fast forward a month, and my bank account is looking a bit anaemic after paying for a holiday so I thought I would withdraw my £20 sterling to top it up and continue playing with my USD bonus credits. I went through the cashout process but shortly after received the following email entitled "Cashout rejected- funds originate from bonus";

Hello [ElGofre],

After a routine review of your latest cashout it has come to our attention that all of the funds came directly from a bonus credit to your account.

All bonus credits deposited to your account are intended for play, and are not permitted to be cashed out without significant play.

In this case, your cashout has been cancelled and the funds have been returned to your account.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

PokerStars Security Team
      Given that my funds had not come "directly from a bonus credit to your account", I was slightly confused and sent an email to their support address clarifying that the funds were comprised solely of my original deposit and the winnings I had made from playing with them. The first response I received was an identical (presumably automated) message to the first email, so I replied to that reiterating my situation. At that point I received this reply;

Hello [ElGofre],

Thank you for your email

We have reviewed your account.

You are welcome to cashout the funds, as we established that they were not antire from a bonus.

If you need further assistance feel free to contact us.

PokerStars Security
      At this point I thought the issue would be sorted and made another cashout request for my money. However I soon after received yet *another* copy of the original automated email. I got in touch again and informed them of the error, and received another email saying I could withdraw my funds;

Hello [ElGofre],

Your account has been correctly updated.

Please submit a new cashout request at your earliest convenience.

PokerStars Security Team
      Unsurprisingly my next attempt to cashout was once again rejected, so I replied to them asking to escalate the matter to a more senior member of staff to assess my situation, which they confirmed would happen. I eventually received the following response;

Hello [ElGofre],

Thank you for your email.

All bonus credits deposited to your account are intended for play, and are not permitted to be cashed out without significant play. After reviewing your account it has come to our attention that your recent cashout came from a bonus added on the [date in June]. Whilst there is no set criteria on how each cashout request is reviewed, each case is assessed separately with consideration given to the origin of the funds, and subsequent playing activity.

In this case, your cashout has been cancelled and the funds have been returned to your account as you didn't play enough with the funds.

We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

PokerStars Security Team
      At this point I have no idea what to think. Putting aside the fact that I don't this was escalated as I was told it would be and it all seems to be the same person, they're back to claiming that I am attempting to withdraw the second bonus they issued to me (the date they quote is over a week later than my initial deposit), which is not the case as they have already determined previously, and that I have not played enough, which not only seems really vague and arbitrary considering I have played several games but is also something that goes completely unmentioned in the small on the web page of the offer I signed up for, which had no dedicated T&Cs and only states the free rewards would be withheld if "a deposit is fraudulent, or that it has not been made with the intention of using it to play real money poker games.", it says nothing about denying the withdrawal of my own deposited funds and winnings.

So yeah, that's where I stand right now. I just wanted to ask if I was going nuts or being a complete dunce on how these sites work, or are they right on this? Nothing they've seems particularly consistent and their reasons for rejecting my requests all seem inaccurate. Any insight or advice would be hugely appreciated!
  • 2 replies
    • Agiz19

yes you have to turnover bonus x amounts as it stated in terms when you recieved have to generate x points to be able to cahout that 16 bonus, check terms of that bonus how much fpps must you make before you can cashout or ask the support how much points must you generate to be able to cash out, well thats it and there is nothing else to do here but to generate those fpps or lose the bonus, GL grinding those fpps.:f_drink:
    • w34z3l
      Stay calm. Play a few hands then retry.

They did this to me once. I played 5 hands at nl2 zoom and withdraw was successful.