Sometimes RNG lets me win! from $1.92 Bankroll rebuild @ 6max hyper turbos

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Hello Everyone! My name is Simon and this is my second blog. During January this year I had my bankroll destroyed playing the 6max hypers @ the 15's, by the end I was down to $1.92. I had also realized that I did not have a good enough game to play at these limits and it was time to really work out what areas of my game where holding me back. Here is my graph including winnings summary. I was only making 11 chips per game adjusted chip ev, breakeven at best.

• 12 replies
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      So I took my $1.92 and played 01/02 omaha. My strategy was very simple, choose starting hands that made nut hands then get paid off by the second best hand. It didn't take long and I was up to $20 bucks and ready to play a few $1.50 hypers. I had run soooo bad at the 15's, I just new it had to turn around. I am taking an aggressive approach to bankroll management as follows :

Omaha
      <$5

$1.50's
      $150

$3.50's
      $280

$7.00's
      $560

$15.00's
      $1200

So I move up and down based upon upon my bankroll. I will also use my fpp's for cash as I accrue them. The first step to make $280 at the $1.50's could take ages.
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Here are my results for the $1.50's. I have been working hard on my game to improve, my post flop equity knowledge was definitely my biggest leak. I only play 4 tables at once so I can properly plan out hands in my head and know what i will do on various board textures. I still don't know if I played an optimal strategy at these stakes as the players don't understand the strategy that your trying to adhere them to. Any ace is the nuts which works for you when you have a big ace and against you when you have anything else, I guess it sort of evens itself out. I am starting to think I should have been raising in more spots than pushing. Just a very erratic level that I am glad to be out of. My chip ev has gone from 11 at the 15's to 89.61 at the $1.50's! :) $190 in winnings + $20 from omaha + $50 stella rewards + $20 (2000 fpps for cash) = $280!

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      I thought I would do one more update to bring this blog up to date as of today. I am 10 days into the 3.50s and not running very well at all! I like to use the winnings summary to isolate leaks at particular blind levels. At the 1.50's i noticed that i was getting smashed at bb20 for -6632 chips. After reviewing hands and noticing that my raising range was almost always being called as well as my cbet, I have gone to more of a shoving style. This strategy has served me well at the 3.50s and i am back in the green. I am also making 73.88 chips per tourney, which I am very happy about! RNG says no! ;)

• Swiezak
      Swiezak
      Bronze
      good luck :f_drink:
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      So I finally found something that tilts me off the charts. I had just started a session and doubled up on one table when one of my cats managed to push a box off the power button and hit the button simultaneously. So the computer shut off and i restarted it 4 times, thanks to microsoft and the shitty updates I installed the day before. I finally got the pc back on and there is 1 table left, (that i doubled up on) I jam 3bbs with AJ get snapped of by JJ and dont hit. I threw a rather large tantrum went and laid down in bed for 5 minutes. This stretch is starting to piss me off, 60 hours of play my red lines at 6% looks healthy im running almost 100 000 chips under ev. I just figured I would have a good whinge on my blog and get the crap out of my system before I sit down and play. I am planning on using this blog to report on the good and bad. I want to be able to look back read it and remember what I was feeling at the time. I only need to make $260 at this level so with average luck I would be at the 7's by now. Anyway im off to turn this ship around! Graphs below.

• groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Finally had my upswing and Iam done with the $3.50 games, at least for now. Bankroll now at $536 +$25 fpps = $561. Time to have a crack at the $7's. Stats below. :)

• NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      what's been your roi in the games?
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      Wow, sick volume for only 4 tabling! :f_thumbsup:
      Why dont you play satelites for 70/235 FPP instead of getting cash - the rakeback you get is like supernova. You are a sng player and will probably have like 2-3% edge on those too, so:
      2350 FPP = 30-40$ (instead of 20$ for 2000 FPP).
      Good luck! :f_drink:
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      My roi at the $1.50's was 5.19%. I was missing a lot of bubble abuse spots so If i was to stay there i would imagine 7% or 8% would be possible. Its a very erratic level though I think its a huge mistake to reshove wide because most players call with whatever they limp or raise with. My roi @ the $3.50's is at 3.95% but I have ran pretty horribly with my ev line usually around the 6% but i believe i could hit 7% with some more games. I am working hard on my game so I am still improving all the time. :)
    • groges74
      groges74
      Bronze
      Hi nsavov!

Thanks for the sat idea, I am going to give that a go down the track. Last night I was playing and I got to 536 of 560 at the end of my set. I was having a bit of a dilemma I only needed $4, but what if this was the start of a 40 hour downswing? Then i realized I had enough fpps for $25 and I was soooooo relieved! :) My coach Tim64 really impressed upon me the idea of playing less tables and it has been the most valuable piece of advice.You really do need to know what your opponents ranges are because a hand like A10o can be massive +ev or -ev depending on the player type. If your mass tabling its a10o I call. You can't beat these games following a push fold chart, edges are just too small. When I 4 table every decision is my A game, I can review my decisions as I play and you really need to work out the leaks of each regular. Lets say you mass table and out of every hour you go to your b or c game for 5 minutes, all of a sudden your a break even player. I also think there is a lot of ego involved in playing more tables and ego can be the biggest killer for any player. I reserve the term fish entirely for myself. I was playing the $1.50's and the recreational players were making loose calls and winning and I was getting mad and calling them fish and then i had a revelation. I have had almost a year of coaching, I have been playing for 5 years and I am struggling to beat these guys so who is the real fish. I am hoping to show the benefits of this approach in this blog! Thanks for taking an interest! :)
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      I like the games because they are a lot of gamble but I hate the ICM.
      For example you are in the SB and have the bottom of the unexploitable push range BvB. The BB is a fish. By calling you wider (and making a mistake, thus losing money itself) the fish does not exploit you, but you still lose money that other regs win. And if you "exploit the fish" you win money not necessarily by him, but by other regs too.
      Its kinda weird and something to think about, but I dont feel you can call it a "poker strategy" - its more like math solution of investing.. Not for me, thanks! :f_biggrin:
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      Originally posted by groges74
      My roi at the $1.50's was 5.19%. I was missing a lot of bubble abuse spots so If i was to stay there i would imagine 7% or 8% would be possible. Its a very erratic level though I think its a huge mistake to reshove wide because most players call with whatever they limp or raise with. My roi @ the $3.50's is at 3.95% but I have ran pretty horribly with my ev line usually around the 6% but i believe i could hit 7% with some more games. I am working hard on my game so I am still improving all the time. :)
      oh thanks because i'm just a beginner and calculated my ev roi as 3.5% (i ran higher) and thought it was relatively low, but most people seem to have about 5 so you could compare the number with bb/100 somehow.