Omaha Stakers?

• WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone is aware of anybody who stakes PLO cash game players? I am looking to get a staking offer if it is possible for moving to PLO10 and 25. I am not sure if stakes are offered at this level but if anyone knows of anyone it would be of great help.
  • 6 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      The first question for anyone thinking about it would probably be "why can't you make the bankroll yourself?"

If you are a winning player in PLO2/PLO5, it shouldn't take long to get a shot in PLO10 and build the bankroll from there.

I am not trying to crush your request, but at least that is what comes to my mind in the first place and probably for lot of possible stakers too.
    • LetsShipIt
      LetsShipIt
      Bronze
      To be honest, your chances are slim to none, been stacked a few times for various games but to find a stable for plo is hard, found one like a few months ago and just to find out that it closed after a few weeks. Been stacked by a ps member who was also my coach at that moment but to jump form crushing plo5 to plo10 with agg shots at plo25 it`s not a bright idea because i oscilated alot between plo5-plo25 even with a shot at plo50 just to go allmost broke.
      So, how big is your sample on plo2-plo5?
      If your beating plo5 over let`s say more than 200k hands because you can`t stay too much there don`t go with the same attitude on plo10 because there you will start to find some decent players and have to change your game and start to adapt, it`s not so straight forward as plo5.
      Stay a while on plo10 and improve because if your breaking even or beating it slightly the rake will kill you and the variance will be huge and deceptive most of the times.To beat plo micros you don`t need to be better than most of the players, you need to crush it because i will say it again...RAKE IS HUGE at this stakes and also i would stay away from zoom games aswell because up to plo50 i think it s a waste of time, unless you wanna grind plo10 one year and reach supernova..lol (ranges are tighter rake higher winrate smaller..do the math.. !
      After you beat plo10 over a large sample then you are prepared for the biggest leap plo10 to plo25 and i say biggest leap not because it`s 15$ more to play bss but because it`s 2.5 bi and not 2bi like from plo50 to plo100 so again be smart about shots because your mental game can go ballistic if you run bad or make bad plays. Also on plo25 you start to find players that play full time or are looking into that so they will be serious about it and again you have to improve alot your game to beat it.
      Also take alot of notes and look at them when facing imp decisions.
      So this is how you go from plo5 to plo25, learning alot and making babby steps, if you get a good run and end up playing plo25 after a few days/weeks in the end the variance will balance and end up going down to plo5.Don`t rush things just keep it nice and steady.
      And sry for the long post btw :D
      It s not good for you to get stacked at this limits trust me:) it s more value in raising a roll by yourself because it s the micros and it s easy.Grow a roll, take your time, when you run good maybe hire kyyberi because he`s a very good coach and it`s a bargain.
      Maybe we ll talk more about it when i`ll come back into poker and create a group for serious plo players because study groups also help your game alot.
      Cheers !
    • WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Fair, thanks for the reply. I contacted a few people and they said they would consider me but of course I only have a 65K hand sample since the start of my challenge. I shall smash some volume, play PLO5 more, more deep ante PLO2 and grow my roll for PLO10. I am ready to take shots at PLO10 (hovering around there) but I want a less aggressive bankroll style with the swings I have encountered in the last few days, ~30 BI's.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If you play with 50/50 stake at PLO10 your actual income is the same as in PLO5, assuming you have the same winrate. Often the winrate is smaller at the higher stakes, so you would make more $$$ in PLO5 with own money than in PLO10 with 50/50 stake. So to have some benefit from the stake, it should give you possibility to play at least couple of steps higher.

My advice is to use aggressive BRM and take shots to PLO10 as soon as possible. If you lose the shot, go back to PLO5. If you have a downswing, g back to PLO2 and take shots to PLO5 as soon as possible. Rinse and repeat. Assuming you are a winning player at PLO25 and lower, you should have your own bankroll in short time.

Example: 30bin BRM

When you have 30 buyins, take the shot to next limit. If you fall to 25 buyins, grind it back.

Like when you have $150 in PLO5, you open couple of PLO10 tables and take the shot. If you lose 2-3 buyins in PLO10, go back to PLO5 and repeat. When you win, continue in PLO10 until you have $300 and do the same for PLO25. If you happen to drop back to under $150, go to PLO5 and start taking shots. If you ever fall under $60, go to PLO2 and take shots to PLO5 to get back.

Yes, you have to change stakes probably few times and always know your bankroll. But you should be able to play PLO25 at some point, if you are a winning player.
    • WhiteWalker
      WhiteWalker
      Bronze
      Cheers Kyberri, I think I have been far too lack lustre with my BRM at the minute. I will definitely start taking shots more often when my Bankroll allows for it. I was influenced by a reg at my stakes who has a $1000 BR but he played a mix up to $25PLO so I kind'a didn't realise the average stake for him is much higher.

I am currently working in the zoom player pool. It is tricky for me and I think I need to make some changes, attack some boards that have low visibility in 3-bet pots and bluff some rivers where villain cannot have the nuts. Zoom is a different game and I feel like I need better winnings without showdown to win at zoom.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It is different thing to play on one stakes for a living (or at least doesn't want to drop down in stakes or deposit more) or try to build up a bankroll as fast as possible.

40 buyins is minimum imo if you grind at PLO25. I have lost $1000 in one evening at PLO25, while EV was +$1. That's why most of the grinders have 100byuins or even more in their bankroll. Then the swings don't matter that much. But if you want to get up in stakes, grinding 100buyins in each stakes is going to take a looooong time.

Aggressive BRM is good for that, if you can beat all the stakes you are playing. Just have to be aware when to drop down or the whole bankroll might be busted in one session.