Cannot find what I am doing wrong... - double-ups on PS

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi,

I do not know what I am doing wrong ?( .

I played like 500 double ups SNGs $10 on Pokerstars and got ROI around 13%.

Than I got couple of days break and new session after 290 SNG (double-ups) has only ROI 3.86%

and I tried move to $20 double-ups but after 23 pieces (I know to low) was ITM only 39% (there were some bad luck - JJ lost to 99, AQ push from BU to AA on SB, etc.).

But still I wonder what I am doing wrongly. It seems according to database I am still playing and raising same range of hands that used to be profitable. On ICM trainer set up for 6-9 players I usually have 95+%.

VP$IP 10%, PFR 7.5%, AF 4

I think that the game might tighten-up, because Double-ups were introduced just recently...

Any one got that experience?

Regards

TTT
  • 6 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I don't think you should use ICM trainer for double or nothing SNGs since it is configured for the 50%, 30%, 20% payout.. Other than this I'm afraid I can't help you because I have never played a double or nothing SNG..
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Can't you change the configuration in the ICM trainer for the DON payout?

To answer your question... what are you expecting here? Fuck do we know about your game?

Post hands you feel uncertain about, perhaps make a video :)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      my simple answer is don't play DON sng's :P If your a decent player your way better of in a normal sng where you can use the payout structure in your advantage.

secondly ICM situations are calculated with 50% 30% 20% payout structure so ICM is really different in the DON...

13% roi is gr8 for the DON... 4% roi is also pretty good... SO not sure why your posting here :P
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Thanks for answer...

but I really did not know why all of sudden (after about 4 days break) things started go wrong.

All of sudden I found out that it seems to that winning the SNG is much harder than it used to be... and ROI dropped by 9% (for double ups, where ITM is about 55% the variace will be smaller in comparison to standard SNG).

What might be expected values of ROI for Double-up format?

E.G. for $5, $10, $20, $50??

Thanks

TTT
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      not really sure if you can maintain two digits roi on DON sng's... I'm guessing 8-9% should be doable... Tho I have no idea
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hi!

Yesterday I took day off and read some articles. I also found out some on sitandgoplanet for double-up format. I really did not understand basics on the bubble ;) .

So with the new knowledge I played some $10 turbo double ups today and results are as follows :D :

19 SNG, $82.4 NetWon, ROI 41.7%, ITM 73.68%

May be little up swing, but I was much more sure on bubble than I used to be... hopefully I will try $20 soon again.

TTT