Hero (MP1) ($8.65)
      MP2 ($9.96)
      MP3 ($9.93)
      CO ($1.85)
      BTN ($1.85)
      SB ($6.05)
      BB ($6.37)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is MP1 8:spade: 8:club:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, BB calls $0.65, UTG calls $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: 8:heart: 6:spade: 2:spade: ($3.75, 5 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $5.62, UTG calls $5.62, Hero goes all-in $7.90, CO goes all-in $1.10, SB folds, UTG goes all-in $0.67

Turn: J:diamond: ($24.66, 4 players)

River: 2:heart: ($24.66, 4 players)

[Results Hidden]

Villain had JJ :( Couldn't believe this pot, i had hit a bad run and dropped around $20 and this would have put me back to break even until the turn, i think i played this correctly just had to post it to vent my anger, this hand put me on tilt so i had to come off poker :( i can't seem to win at all with 88, and my biggest losses are when i hit my set

Also, who would push JJ after a push of half a stack or whatever and a call, if i had JJ i would think somebody was holding AA, KK, QQ or a set and fold them without a second thought, the other pushers had KK and 64o - amazing player ;) getting stressed again now so ill call it a night and read the tilt articles tomorrow lol
  • 6 replies
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi,
      In the morning I`m not so nice person as in evening :D and not very sorry for you.
      You played very nice hand and u will win most of them.But sometimes sh..t happens and u will see overset,backdoor flush etc.
      But now not so nice things in a hand:
      1)
      $8.65

Hero what is this? Is 100BB at NL10 not 10$? You not want to win 100BB in all in situation.Sometimes I forget to rebuy too but not more than 10BB.Usually fishes have not full stacks (SSS players don't count).
      2)imho it`s questionable to call profitably shortstack's 3bet but considering those dead money maybe is not mistake to call.You was last to act after 3bet so u escaped sandwich.If original raiser would go to 4bet ,u should fold.
      And as I mentioned before nice flop.
      3)
      to vent my anger, this hand put me on tilt

don`t play on tilt.You read articles,post hands-u are a good player,lost big hand,get frustrated seeing opps bad play.You can't hit that day anymore and outplay those bad players.Stop.Will be next day and next session.
      read the tilt articles tomorrow

This is right.I read them too.Robert's Langer's is the best.
      Good luck :)
      Microlimits are the patience and cold nerves.(quote from Elvess ,italian NL coach).
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      preflop, you didnt have much implied odds to call the first raise, UTG raised 1/13th of his stack and you will only hit trips 12% of the time. The second call I think is ok with four opponents.

After the flop well played, you flopped the nuts on a dry board so get it in. Tough luck.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks for you're comments, ive slept and calmed down a lot now, i know it shouldn't get to me i think it just topped off a bad session last night, anyway new day new start, all that's in the past now. I will read through some articles again and remember to rebuy upto $10, i think i've been playing BSS wrong, i never read about rebuying back to 100BB, when i've fallen below i've just got my money back up winning potsso i know that when i start a session i have $40 on 4 tables then if its more i know im ahead and if its less i know i am behind. I'll change my strategy now and keep at 100BB thanks

About the call in the first place, when UTG raised to .30c i had call 20 and when i saw the first raise i was going to fold but when the other three called the raised i decided it was best to call. I'm not very good with implied odds, i've read the articles several times and understand it in principle but fail to practically put it in my game.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      You are correct, I was looking at UTG+1s stack
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks delete
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Nh.
      SHoving on that flop with top set is only option.