€ ->$ fee?

• lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      Does Titan charge a fee whenever I buy in to change my currency from €'s to dollars?

Today I was playing 4 tables of 0.1-0.2 limit, and as I bought in at the first table my br was at a nice round 76.00$ I bought in for 5$

A few minutes later, a spot was open at a second table and my br showed 70.99$ I buy in for 5$ again

When the next seat was available , my br showed: 65.98$ and yes, when the fourth seat was available, again, there was 1c missing from my account.

This might not look like much, but say that you are playing 100 hands per table per session, this influences your winrate by 0.1bb/100
  • 9 replies
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Take a look at this thread: Titan scamming users of other currencies on micro limits?

Titan is one crappy site.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      So it's true

thx for the quick response, bloody titan ffs
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      ah sick... this must've cost me a pretty sum while I played on titan.
    • MrGudolfs
      MrGudolfs
      Bronze
      same shit at Mansion.... i play a lot of tables and i think that i lost may be 5-10 $ in one month!! Sick :evil:
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      hey,

i just want to clarrify something here. you have your account in euros and you are asking about it being in US dollars? is that right?

If so, could it be that (it may be far fetched) when the money conversion is done from euros to dollars, it is a decimal point and it is rounded up?
      ie $5US might be €8.0063. Therefore the round up would be to €8.01. (Note to this, i have no clue what the euro to us rate is, its just a figure to show what i mean)

Just a thought, i may be wrong, but i know that banks do that.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      could be, but the fact of the matter is, I'm losing money, I've never seen my account being deducted only 4.99$ when I'm buying in for five
    • andrewkd
      andrewkd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennert9
      could be, but the fact of the matter is, I'm losing money, I've never seen my account being deducted only 4.99$ when I'm buying in for five
      and you never will!!!!

you only thing i can put it down to is they have to take the $5US, that is the buy in. When it converts to euros, it will always be a large decimal, unless all the planets line up, and i get 3 royal flushes in a row and bust out 5 others all in each time on a $1000-$2000NL table (ahh to dream)

at the present moment $5US is €3.94337, so it would still be €3.94. I can't see how they can round up to €3.95 at the moment. Even with rounding up it would be
      €3.94337
      €3.9434
      €3.943
      €3.94
      So maybe now is the time to play!!!!!

Hope this makes sense, hope i am right, but its the only thing i can think of.

Andrew
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      if it was a matter of decimals, then titan could simply store my amount of euro's as xx."34528, but limit withdrawing to XX.34, this would not cost them, and it would be more fair towards there users.
    • LioPio
      LioPio
      Bronze
      I think that reducing this discussion to the phrase "Titan is stealing from us"is a bit single sided.
      At first you must consider that you want to have your account ballanced in euros to be not affected by the international money market.
      If you had 100 dollar in you bank account this year it would have been worth €73 in january, €62 in august and €79 at this moment.
      If you consider the current rise of the us goverment dept, it is not unlikely that the dollar will drop again in the near future.
      Keeping you balance in euros protects you from this fluctuation and the price for this less that 1 cent per table. In micro limits these fraction of cents can add up but generaly are negligible compared to the rake or buyin at the table.

if you want speculate on the euro/dollar rate do so at investment account, otherwise i suggest you keep your money at your local currency.

just my 2 cents.