Are you joking ?

• MrPaul69
      MrPaul69
      Basic
      I didn't know where else to post this humility. I've joined this site months ago, and was struggling with getting a scanned photocopy of the documents i needed for the 50$ capital. i passed all of the quizzes and fulfilled all of my requirements. I recently sent in my photo id, and ask when theyll transfer the 50.i have emails for proof of this. if screenshots are needed ill post them but this is what i've got.

My initial and follow-up emails to the site.

--- On Sat, 11/29/08, Paul Plotkin <playa_nyc187@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Documents for Capital.
      To: security@pokerstrategy.com
      Date: Saturday, November 29, 2008, 12:58 AM

Hello. My Fulltilt poker username is *************. Attached is bank statement. sorry for delay on the request

HelloSaturday, November 29, 2008 3:27 PM
      From: "Paul Plotkin" <playa_nyc187@yahoo.com>Add sender to Contacts To: security@pokerstrategy.com
      hi.
      when are you going to grant me the 50$+capital. i have recently sent in the scanned copy of photo id and bank statement.

their reply.
      hello,

thank you for your message. we will try to transfer your 50$ within the
      next 48 hours.

best regards,
      Team PokerStrategy

So i wait for the 48 hours as promised....
      Then just 30 minutes ago i come across this email.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
      Hash: SHA1

Hello Paul915,

unfortunately you have violated the terms of our website and due to that
      reason your account has been deactived.

Best regards
      Pokerstrategy

I mean, are you guys serious or what ? You're going to say i violated TOS without stating what i actually violated? I mean come on, i've been trying to get my hands on the 50 for months, i recieve confirmation that itll be sent, and now, on the day when im supposed to get it, my account gets blocked? what is this. i'd like some sort of explanation.
  • 15 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      im sure you have a very good idea of what they're referring to
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Are you an American Citizen by any chance MrPaul as they are not allowed to open up a PokerStrategy account.

Regards,

Steve
    • MrPaul69
      MrPaul69
      Basic
      if they aren't allowed, why isn't this stated on the homepage. or better yet, in the terms of service. it doesn't say anywhere, noticeably, that an american citizen can't join the site, the people who own this should have made that clear from the start, instead of misleading members from the getgo and having them do all the work to find out thay they cannot be compensated.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      It actually does state it when you fill in your initial details. You have to check a box that states that you are not an american citizen.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/register
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      That crossed american flag is also a bit suggestive.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      [X] lol, this thread delivers :D
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      It actually does state it when you fill in your initial details. You have to check a box that states that you are not an american citizen.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/register
      actually, it states you cannot RESIDE in the US..

I am an American citizen. But I am also belgian citizen and i live i belgium, and therefore got my starting bonus
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPaul69
      if they aren't allowed, why isn't this stated on the homepage. or better yet, in the terms of service. it doesn't say anywhere, noticeably, that an american citizen can't join the site, the people who own this should have made that clear from the start, instead of misleading members from the getgo and having them do all the work to find out thay they cannot be compensated.
      Hello MrPaul69,

When registering an account at PokerStrategy you are advised that residents of the United States are not accepted and that we cannot transfer the starting capital to them. There is even a little Icon depicting a crossed out American Flag.

In September when your initial account was created you actually still needed to also checkmark a box confirming that you do not in fact currently live in the USA.

I'm sorry that this is the case, due to the legal situation in your country, but there is nothing we can do about this except warn you beforehand. Although its regrettable that you spent a lot of time trying to receive the starting capital I can only advise reading the conditions beforehand in the future.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      SoyCD

I had a question,

as i mentioned I am American-Belgian dual citizenship and am going to university in Belgium. But i will be going home for christmas, and I was wondering if there would be any problem with me connecting to PS during the time that Im home.. (alot of time off= alot of time for coachings/articles/posted hands etc)

Thank you
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      SoyCD

I had a question,

as i mentioned I am American-Belgian dual citizenship and am going to university in Belgium. But i will be going home for christmas, and I was wondering if there would be any problem with me connecting to PS during the time that Im home.. (alot of time off= alot of time for coachings/articles/posted hands etc)

Thank you
      Hey dadude77,

There shouldn't be any problem with that. Its just about your permanent residence. Since that is in Europe its no problem.

Its just about the legal situation in the USA that allow us to transfer money to residents.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      What university are you at ?
    • MrPaul69
      MrPaul69
      Basic
      sigh... can i at least get like 25$ or something.. i tried so hard to get those documents for verification. this is really disappointing. i dont see how you cant transfer money to american citizens. this site is under its own terms of service.... what would prevent transfers on fulltilt? nothing would. it's illegal as it is to gamble but the entire world including america still does it, do they not? i dont see the bias here against american citizens not being able to earn the capital on this site.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      your government made it illegal, blame bush.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPaul69
      sigh... can i at least get like 25$ or something.. i tried so hard to get those documents for verification. this is really disappointing. i dont see how you cant transfer money to american citizens. this site is under its own terms of service.... what would prevent transfers on fulltilt? nothing would. it's illegal as it is to gamble but the entire world including america still does it, do they not? i dont see the bias here against american citizens not being able to earn the capital on this site.
      Hello MrPaul69,

The UIEGA prohibits transfers to Online Pokersites. If it was possible for us to transfer the capital, we would (there is no logical reason for us to exclude ourselves from the world's largest Poker Market if there were no legal reasons).

As such I am sorry to say there is nothing that can be done.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SonicXT
      What university are you at ?
      UCL, why are you in belgium?