How do you play this person?

• hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      I've come up against a player that is very aggressive, almost every hand is 3 or 4bet pre-flop, the others are folded, if someone calls then they c bet higher and so on till the other person folds, every hand they bet on can't be a made hand, they do lose but not very often, they are multi-tabling as well at NL2, any advice for playing this type of player?
  • 8 replies
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      Pre if he's really 3 betting and 4 betting that wide you can expand your 3/5bet value range and your 4bet calling range. You probably want to be using a linear raising range (not polorized) assuming he's not folding. He will be forced either to call your jams wide or fold way too much if he's 4betting but not stacking off and you can exploit that

Also tighten up your opening range preflop, would need to work out how he's responding to 4bets to deciding on what hands & frequency to 4bets.

post flop do not continue with your medium strength hands or invest money in the pot when you are planning to fold. Make your hand and let him barrel it off just
    • bonecore
      bonecore
      Bronze
      just tighten up to a range that can at least call 3bets

if we are OOP we prefer 4betting but if he does not fold then it is not worth doing it
      just call his 3bets and let him spew his money postflop
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS -> 1. Make sure you sit on his left so you have position on him.

2. 3bet hands that you would stack off with
      3. Widen your stack off range a little (JJ,TT,AK)
      4. Make inducing bets when you have it, he probably will read them as weak and raise. Do not (semi)bluff without at least a straight-flush draw
      5. Enjoy your free mounniez!! :profit:
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nsavov
      !!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS -> 1. Make sure you sit on his left so you have position on him.
      This is difficult to do but the others I can do thanks!, I have reviewed some of his hands and I can see his game plan now, this is on PKR I play mostly here you can replay hands on the site very useful
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Thx guys very helpful
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      It really depends on if he is a maniac or just very aggressive. A very aggressive player (a bully, but he does not hate money) should be called frequently and not value-raised often, because a raise accidentally may make him do the correct thing, (which is to fold his air).

If you love variance, these are excellent opponents:f_biggrin:
    • hardlife66
      hardlife66
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      It really depends on if he is a maniac or just very aggressive. A very aggressive player (a bully, but he does not hate money) should be called frequently and not value-raised often, because a raise accidentally may make him do the correct thing, (which is to fold his air).

If you love variance, these are excellent opponents:f_biggrin:

Thanks I haven't got my head around this yet I find it difficult to do while looking at my hand and thinking is it strong enough or is he bluffing?:thinking:
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by hardlife66
      Thanks I haven't got my head around this yet I find it difficult to do while looking at my hand and thinking is it strong enough or is he bluffing?:thinking:
      That is precisely why you have to love variance to play them:D