Ladbrokes merge with Gala Coral

• 8 replies
    • rompas
      rompas
      Originally posted by tonypmm

What interests me is whether Coral and Gala are going to restrict their offering to the very few countries where Ladbrokes are present, in particular, to pull out of Russia and Belarus :f_mad: I guess so because Laddies are holding 51.75% of the united company 'Ladbrokes Coral'.
      yes this is intresting for me also, i am hopeing for the other way around, that some of the resticted countrys at Ladbrokes will open up again... :f_rolleyes:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      I've got neither a 'goodbye letter' from Coral nor a 'welcome back letter' from Ladbrokes yet (neither have I asked). Apparently, the restrictions aren't going to take place until the merger gets officially approved by the British authorities and the merging companies have a meeting on the matter.

Fwiw, my ISP isn't blocking access to Coral's and Gala's sites yet, though it has been blocking Ladbrokes' betting (not poker) site since mid-2014, I think. So there's not even a hint at a legal reason for Gala Coral to pull out from Russia yet, other than the policy unification of the new company.
    • rompas
      rompas
      does Coral have licenses at some other places then ladbrokes? maybe thats why they still offered games to some countrys where Ladbrokes is gone,, i am a positive guy and hopeing for the best,, in this case meaning would be possible play at Ladbrokes again for me :-) but time will tell
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      I believe the problem is not with licenses, because there are a lot of countries where Laddies could operate with no license; instead, they prefer to focus on 'sustainable markets', i.e. countries with mostly recreational players, not net withdrawing countries like Belarus or Mexico.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Any idea yet will Coral also be blocked from those countries where Ladbrokes has earlier leave the markets?
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Gold
      I've got no such news about Russia from Coral yet.
    • edgeatsix
      edgeatsix
      Bronze
      quoted from the news
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Ladbrokes-and-Gala-Coral-announce-%C2%A32.3-billion-merger_92703/
      "While both companies are a big presence in both online and bricks and mortar sports betting, "

what is "bricks"? means real building , the shops in the street?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by edgeatsix

what is "bricks"? means real building , the shops in the street?
      Exactly. :f_drink: