MP1: $38.11
      MP2: $20.00
      MP3: $44.83
      CO: $115.41
      Button: $58.50
      SB: $105.45
      BB: $20.00

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with K A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $4, MP1 raises to $12, 6 folds, Hero ???

Villain Stats;

My Stats;

(Yes, I played ludicrously tight during my multitabling promotion. My ATS is 1/2 what it normally is, too tight tbh)

You tell me whats best here. In my opinion this one is varying from marginal to easy fold depending on how adaptable the villain is.

If you are reading this, possibly new to the Ps.com Sample hand forums and instantly think "eaaaasssy push!" Then follow the steps I have layed out here;

1. Think, What will villain think we are raising in this spot. eg TT+ AQ+? JJ+ AK+?

2. Think, What will villain then Reraise You with considering this information? eg QQ+ AKs?

3. Then consider, What equity do we have against this range? Well, against a JJ+ AK range we have 42.8% equity and here that proportion of the total pot would be aprox $16.8 (I think) So against an even tighter range we are even worse off. On the other hand we have 51.6% Against TT+ AQ+, which is of course very nice.

4. Now, looking over and reviewing these steps, do we still want to say "eaaaasy push"?

I look forwards to comments.
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      Hey DaPhunk,

I like this 1, 2, 3 and 4 steps thing. :D

Let's get to business now. The villains 3-bet range on MP is 6% and on MP he's usually 3-betting UTG and some other MP players, so generally his play shouldn't differ much in your case. And considering this, your AKs is ahead of 6% range, which gives you an easy push.

On the other hand, if you have reads on the opponent being tighter against you or against other SSS players then you might consider folding here, because a solid player will only reraise your UTG raise with KK+. But I would take this option only if I had very reliable reads on him, otherwise I take his 6% 3-bet range and make an easy push.
    • IngolPoker
      If he is thinking and only knows your 6/5 stats you should fold