My Micro-Millions Summer 2015

• kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Im writing this post almost to relief a bit of frustrations that I have accumulated due the recent MM event on Pokerstars

NOTE: This is not a wingy-wingy thread but almost a bit of summary of my last two weeks of hope ended in a fist of fly close in my hands due unforeseen circumstances and my behind preparations on MTTs that I haven't manage to update properly as the game evolving! :f_frown:

Well, I was going to back to playing MTTs in coincidence with the MM 2015 on Pokerstars

As many that followed the recent basics NL coaching, I have been, for circumstances away my control, forced to been for a long period away from the tables due events happened in real life :f_cry:

I been back in business just recently by playing NL BSS, as because I was coming from FR games, I have found my self in a new world where SH is a predominant game in mostly the rooms (exceptions for Pokerstars and FTP where there are still many FR tables to grind), I don't saying Im starting crushing the limits (NL2-5) but I seeing some progress thanks almost to Pokerstrategy that has give me also the possibility to speed up the processing to improve my game a bit with all the material and coaching that I have been blessed with but I have been stood still in learn the adjustment to MTTs from the past two and half years and with this premise lets back to the main topic of this thread

My Micro-Millions adventures :spade:

I was planning to play many events but as often recently happening in my life, I had to rearrange my plan for external events (this time not too bad, though), I had the surprise to have my son living with me for the summer holiday for 2 weeks (as he break from the school) just as the MM were starting), so, to do not take to long and became boring here we are

I decide that was for me impossible to stick to my schedule and decide to concentrate all my effort, money and energy for the last week-end of the MM with the primary object to play the Main Event and the Special Sunday Storm plus some law buy-in tournament cross the week-end

Obviously, to do not broke the low of bankroll management, I decide that I should try to access the two main tournaments by satellite and so I did

It wasn't so much hard to be honest and after couple try, I have done the job in less than I was aspect by been in the last night Sunday Storm and the Main Event of course plus, on Saturday, while I was trying with the satellite, I was playing along the $1 buy-in NL Tournament in the CET afternoon

So, from great expectations, I have ended up to play just 3 games out of a large no of events (ofc exceptions for the not NL games)

The final results, with my big disappointment, is of 2 cash ITM and a embarrassing elimination from the Main Event just 2 minutes before the registrations was go to be close.

The point here is, I know I wasn't well prepared academically to the games as the way the world play MTTs isn't like the one I left 3 years ago where I was keeping growing rolls from Freerolls and low buy-in games but I do not understand I can be possible to be ahead and create for my self some edge when there aren't any possibility due the lack of playing cards and situations

For example, in all the Main Event, I never been dealt a playable hand, never see a monster, a high pair of a playable range

22+, A2s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s, 54s, A2o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o, 98o

I didn't see the top part of this range at all, and when a decent hand like QTo or K9s for example was dealt to me, I wasn't able to open or (in situation of push or fold) be able to shove first in because some1 before me was already o/r and I was try to stick to the charts of Pokerstrategy.com

I would like ask the community and the most advanced players of MTTs here on our site some advice as I will playing, after a week of NL Cash Games grind, MTTs on Sunday so

- Are the charts on Pokerstrategy.com still applicable to the modern tournament's game?

- In absence of made hands or playable hands, do we starting close our eyes and starting shoving in anything that not belong to the classic "status quo" of what's the minimum requirement?

I know, it is very generic and difficult to reply to such questions but I would love to know in general, which adjustment we need to make to the classic old standard MTT game play? Thanks

For example, 72o, 63o, J2o, Q3o with T8 and J9 were it was the top range of the general no of hands dealt to me in the Main Event, I manage to win some pots uncontested by steal from LP with hands like T7 for example or in the best scenario A3o

A6s has been the best hand dealt in over an hour of game and I think I should maybe shove straight way but I had in mind some sort of stop-and-go (btw, still applicable these days such move? TY) as UTG was opening wide since I was moved on the new tables 21% from EP in 20 hands, maybe he was just had a bad-beat and have some tilting moments (I saw a lots of those case btw in this week-end) and the MP's player were calling a lot 33% for both of them since
      moved on the tables

I haven't saw an hand and I was go for it I decided that it wasn't anymore time given to me to waiting for

Poker Stars, $20 Buy-in (300/600 blinds, 70 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 43,517 (72.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): 4,689 (7.8 bb)
      UTG+1: 12,497 (20.8 bb)
      UTG+2: 40,972 (68.3 bb)
      MP1: 21,904 (36.5 bb)
      MP2: 17,170 (28.6 bb)
      MP3: 26,904 (44.8 bb)
      CO: 5,140 (8.6 bb)
      BTN: 18,222 (30.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6 A
      UTG+1 raises to 1,290, 2 folds, MP2 calls 1,290, MP3 calls 1,290, 3 folds, Hero calls 690

Flop: (6,090) 5 6 7 (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets 1,800, MP3 calls 1,800, Hero raises to 3,329 and is all-in, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls 1,529, MP3 calls 1,529

Turn: (16,077) 3 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks

River: (16,077) 3 (3 players, 1 is all-in)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets 4,200, MP2 calls 4,200

I suppose, shove directly here, right?

Sunday Storm

Can I still fold here?

Poker Stars, $10 Buy-in (1,500/3,000 blinds, 300 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

SB: 22,254 (7.4 bb)
      Hero (BB): 12,410 (4.1 bb)
      UTG+1: 36,710 (12.2 bb)
      UTG+2: 38,628 (12.9 bb)
      MP1: 40,822 (13.6 bb)
      MP2: 54,623 (18.2 bb)
      MP3: 36,050 (12 bb)
      CO: 30,672 (10.2 bb)
      BTN: 48,356 (16.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 K
      7 folds, SB raises to 21,954 and is all-in, Hero calls 9,110 and is all-in

Flop: (26,920) T 5 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (26,920) 9 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (26,920) 5 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

villain - VPIP: 33, PFR: 25, 3B: 14, AF: 0.0, Hands: 12

Unfortunately, here I was just starting few hands away moved from another table and I do not have a sufficient sample to supply you with better stats, sorry!

Last tournament (in reality the first of the week-end in chronological order) I believe I have already posted in the hand anlysis this hand

I don't think I have made a massive mistake even if it was advice to wait for a better spot (and I agree in general) but villain was playing to have fun (play from mobile) and opening wide so I thought to collect the dead money to oxygenate my stack (villain was often open to 8K to fold to a shove over and over again like a bot)

Poker Stars, $0.91 Buy-in (2,000/4,000 blinds, 500 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

SB: 105,889 (26.5 bb)
      BB: 55,106 (13.8 bb)
      UTG+1: 133,797 (33.4 bb)
      UTG+2: 52,977 (13.2 bb)
      MP1: 70,159 (17.5 bb)
      MP2: 131,930 (33 bb)
      Hero (MP3): 41,920 (10.5 bb)
      CO: 65,776 (16.4 bb)
      BTN: 67,455 (16.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q K
      3 folds, MP2 raises to 8,000, Hero raises to 41,420 and is all-in, 4 folds, MP2 calls 33,420

villain VPIP: 67, PFR: 55(cold Call 50%), 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 18

but it was the case this time and it was also the final step of my tournament

If you reach this point means you are very brave to listen all my crap and because that I would like reward you with a big

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :heart:

GL to the tables! :f_thumbsup:
  • 8 replies
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      P.S. Forgot to say, my knowledge is based on the old classic "Tight is right!" but it seem overtaken by new strategies now that I m not so aware off!
      Thank you :)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      :Ac: :6c: : Nasty spot. Against one opponent we could consider stop&go play. On flop you have 2/3 pot behind w/middle pair and backdoor draws so just donkshove it. You definitely don`t have any FE by check-raising.

:Ks: :8h: : No, you can`t fold. Snapcall.

:Kc: :Qs: : Again somewhat nasty spot. Villain has open a lot so far but he might just be a weak player who got some good hands but was afraid to call any shoves. Also, you don`t have as much FE with 10.5bb as the players behind you. And from these positions I think this is pretty bad hand to 3bet shove. Even if the villain is loose, his range is tighter from MP and there are opponents behind you who might coldcall your shove.
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NutzAreOk
      :Ac: :6c: : Nasty spot. Against one opponent we could consider stop&go play. On flop you have 2/3 pot behind w/middle pair and backdoor draws so just donkshove it. You definitely don`t have any FE by check-raising.

:Ks: :8h: : No, you can`t fold. Snapcall.

:Kc: :Qs: : Again somewhat nasty spot. Villain has open a lot so far but he might just be a weak player who got some good hands but was afraid to call any shoves. Also, you don`t have as much FE with 10.5bb as the players behind you. And from these positions I think this is pretty bad hand to 3bet shove. Even if the villain is loose, his range is tighter from MP and there are opponents behind you who might coldcall your shove.
      Because the analysis done with KQo (because I posted it after the tournament on Saturday) I was advice to wait for a better spot and so I did (specially in the Main Event while in the Sunday Storm I had more occasion to steal tbo) but I ended up to be so short I had less than 10bb at that point and after the blinds was finishing pass me over with also the ante I do not see what I can hope to play with specially due the flow on the game with no-cards saw

I planned straight-on as I saw A6s I decide doesn't matter what I need shove my doubt was just about if I had to shove directly but now you have made more questions in my head (for further ref ofc)

Please, what I should do in the Main Event fold and reduce more my stack?
      Or, please, tell me what I should do, thank you very much for your time and advices! :)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      Please, what I should do in the Main Event fold and reduce more my stack?
      Or, please, tell me what I should do, thank you very much for your time and advices! :)
      Do you mean in general or spesifically at these spots?
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      In general please almost
      It will be also appreciate a word for this specific spot as well please
      Thank you! :)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      If we are still talking about KQ hand, I agree with the fact you should wait better spot.

In tournaments you have to try to survive and same time to take advantage of profitable spots. KQ is not profitable spot here. And you are not exactly reducing your stack in that spot if you fold. You`ll only loose ante which is already dead money.

e. I recommend you to read this article: How to play different stack sizes in an MTT
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      TYVM :f_thumbsup:
    • OMGimbroke
      OMGimbroke
      Bronze
      Interesting hands, it makes you think.. I love the expression tight is right :P . Keep it up all!