What am i doing wrong?

• magentera
      magentera
      Bronze

I have a few ideas of what I'm doing wrong.
      - too aggressive
      - bad ranges, only last few months have i actually adjusted that.
      - no hud
      - minor tilt issues

can come one give me and idea of where to start, I've only just downloaded poker tracker and i think its great. sadly my graph isn't ...
  • 7 replies
    • iiikrrr
      iiikrrr
      Bronze
      You should rather take a screenshot of your stats not your graph. Like whats your VPIP/PFR/3B/fold to 3B/CB....

From the graph I'd say you go to showdown way too much. You should be folding/bluffing much more.
    • magentera
      magentera
      Bronze

this is my stats i have, not sure if i have all of what i need
    • Happa2
      Happa2
      Bronze
      You have a really high Gap between VPIP and PFR. That is something you generally don't want to happen.
      So you either limp too much or you coldcall too much. Both of these actions are obviously not good. You shouldn't limp and you should tighten up your coldcallingrange. Especially low PPs or low suited connectors are Hands that can't be profitably called vs UTG in 6max.

Also another thing I noticed is the low fold to3bet. While your value is really good in theory the case is that most 3bets in micros to lowstakes are generally for Value. That's why having a high foldto3bet is actually a good thing especially if you are in Early Position.

Your Fold to 4bet story tells more about your 3bet game than anything else. So your 3bet value is 3.52%. So that's AK and QQ or better.
      So when I have your stats and you 3bet me I can just fold with ease. That's why you really need to get your 3bet to something like 9% which is aggressive. Also playing an even higher value like 12% 3bet can obviously be profitable. But only in position. Position, Position, Position, never forget that one.

The last thing I wanna talk about is your low Attempt to Steal. Stealing is a great way to make money and the Button is the money making machine when it comes to it. This doesn't necessarily mean that you should steal any2 cards but against some opponents stealing any 2 cards is profitable.
      With your value of 20% you obviously don't do that. Stealing any2 in the Small Blind can be profitable too although you should probably steal around 40-60% as a default.

:f_thumbsup:
    • magentera
      magentera
      Bronze
      Wow. Thank you for opening my eyes to this information, I know its just a start but it really does make sense. I feel like my stats are a little skewed due to prior hands in database which were from a time when i was completely new and had no idea.

The stealing part for me is the risky business, I know i need it but it worries me that I'm going on a hunch for the most part. I am not yet able to determine if the player can be stolen from and bet size of the steal (x3.5bb enough?).

Another thing is that i have been ignoring position like a fish, something that definitely needs improving. My stats show I lose the most money from 3 bets, does this mean I'm 3beting to much pre?

Main points I've taken away is :
      -Position is key for steals and 3bets
      -vpip and pfr are to far spread, indication my AFq could be too high
      -3bet range is very low, should increase by at least 4%
    • Happa2
      Happa2
      Bronze
      It could be that you lose a lot of money in 3bet pots when you call a 3bet out of position. 3bet pots out of position are really tough to play.
      Also the fact that you like to see showdown can cost you even more money in 3bet pots.
      When someone fires 3 barrels in a 3bet pot he almost always has at least Toppair+Good Kicker so is isn't really useful to call with a lot of hands worse than that.
      There are special circumstances still where you might want to do a loose call usually when a lot of draws miss and you are out of position.

People tend to bluff the river far more being in position facing a check than being out of position with the initiative.

So general advice: Let go off hands when you face a lot of aggression. There have been discussions made if a herocall is better than a herofold. In my opinion herofolds are better in lower limits because these people are the kind of guys that don't push you around. When they raise they simply have it.

Steals:
      Stealing on the Button should be around 50% range. Your sizing on the button shouldn't be bigger than 2,5x.
      On the Cutoff you can raise from 2x to 3x. The tighter your range is the higher you should raise preflop.

For example you raise a tight 24% range on the CO: go for 3x.
      While if you were to raise something like 33% you should stay really close to 2x.

3betting:
      Try to 3bet more in position. For example just 3bet all the suited connectors down to 54s vs UTG and MP in position. When they call they usually have AQ, AK, KQ or something like 77-QQ. So a really defined range that is easy to play against with your 54s.

Versus CO you can obviously call 54s on the button and you dont have to 3bet it.

Versus button you should try to 3bet around 15% in the SB. So thats a lot of Ax suited and a really big range in general. But it is a good range because the Button will fold a lot because of his big range.
    • magentera
      magentera
      Bronze
      Thank you Happa, very helpful :f_thumbsup: . This stuff is really gonna help me out a lot, I will be adjusting by implementing all of this new information you have given me tonight. I'm beginning to think i have more of a tilt issue when it comes to longer sessions, I will start to cut the session intensity down and really focus on these new points.

Thank you again.
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by magentera

this is my stats i have, not sure if i have all of what i need
      Main points
      - Could be a mixture of too aggressive post (good redline) and also too stationy (bad showdown line) taking too many weak hands to showdown
      - You are not open raising enough (your steal is way too low)
      - Your 3bet should be 6-10%, find suitable players to 3bet bluff the bottom of your calling ranges in each position (especially the blinds)
      and calling down too much
      - you could be limping to have that low PRF and high VPIP gap, if you want to enter a pot then usually open it with a raise