SSS- Leaving the table after 25 BB

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      While playing SSS should you leave the table IMMEDIATELY after reaching 25 big blinds, or should you finish out the round until right before BB since you paid to see the 8 hands inbetween?
  • 3 replies
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      See any free hands that you can, for sure.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      but play only AA,KK,AK tbh, after 25bb+ it's not worth playing sss (it's ev-)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      For beginners I would say only play KK+ you get less variance and you really want to hold onto your winnings, like Puciek said, SSS is -EV after 25BB

If you have experience and have working knowledge of BSS then you can also play QQ and AK. Postflop skills are important, you have to be able to fold when you are beat, and understand pot control, showdown value etc

If you consider yourself a strong player, and also mentally fit to take the odd loss then you can play JJ too. Sometimes limping pockets for set value is not bad, on a passive table, but still fold to a preflop raise. (I always limp 77-TT, I cant help myself)

Often after 25BB+ you are in MP or UTG so your handrange is already limited. If you get TT or AQs in MP and the pot is unopened, I would consider a raise, but again, you must have confidence in your skills. Good stats are also nice to have if you do decide to open up your handrange.

Happy chum hunting!