Tourney end - against one or two players - which tables to use?

• phatenuff
      phatenuff
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pretty simple question I think - (edit: but I can't explain v well!)

I realised I don't know what charts I should be following when I was one of the few remaining players.

I'd followed the SH Charts for 24+ blinds, and then 14+ blinds but when it came to the push or fold charts I seemed to have the hang of it to start with but as the blinds got bigger and fewer players were left I realised I was throwing away FAR too many hands - I think because I was following the wrong chart?

I think I was following the rebound chart when I should have been following the first-in. What chart should I use when:
      - I'm in the big blind, with less than 14 bb's in my stack, and...
      1) just one other player in the small blind?
      2) And which for when I'm in the small blind?
      3) when there are just three players and I'm on the button?

I was really confused when looking at all the material on push or fold - in both the basic and bronze articles. I think the way to get this straight in my mind will be people's advice on the above three q's...

sorry for this total mess of a question!!!
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi phatenuff,

You want to know which charts to follow at the end of a snG? or MTT?

regards,
      Stiev
    • phatenuff
      phatenuff
      Bronze
      Hi Stiev,

I was thinking SNGs mainly.

It would be interesting to know for MTT's but I think those charts are only available to gold members?...
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can download the ICM Trainer here.

ICM is pretty much the answer to all aspects of your question. There is an article about ICM, but unfortunately its for silver members and above. Its really worth reading.

There is also a silver SAGE article (sit and go endgame system). Which is specifically about the HU stage of a SnG.

The problem with following the charts towards the end, is that the charts ont have different hand ranges, compared to the amount of players left. The charts are a guide, but ICM is what you need to learn about next, in order to progress.

@MTT's, we don't have any MTT charts, as there is to many different situations. You need to adapt your play all the time, and there is no clear strategy.

I'm sry I cant give you more information about your specific question, but check out the ICM Trainer. Then report back on anything you are unsure of.

GL,
      Stiev