Advices - What was the mistakes?

• 19 replies
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      I think for half a bet you can call preflop and fold unhit with blinds at this level. (just like in cash game)
      I am a break even micro player :-), no expert.
      I don't like small reraise, 33 is not a hand to do this with, bluff shove maybe, but no need atm.
      I don't like continue with 3 overs. chips still to valuable.
    • RLdiamond5
      RLdiamond5
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GoOnCal1
      I think for half a bet you can call preflop and fold unhit with blinds at this level. (just like in cash game)
      I am a break even micro player :-), no expert.
      I don't like small reraise, 33 is not a hand to do this with, bluff shove maybe, but no need atm.
      I don't like continue with 3 overs. chips still to valuable.
      Basically the reason i raised instead of calling was my position...since everybody folded, it was a minor attempt of blindsteal.
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      :-)
      Post like this all the time. I steal with 2 cards, this fails, so I decide to donk the flop...
    • RLdiamond5
      RLdiamond5
      Bronze
      I probably should have donked the flop, however I thought i will raise on the flop to maintain the strength image of my hand...it was a small raise.

Any idea's on what possible hands the oponnent might have had? I still believe he had a weak hand... probably a J10, Jack of spades.

or is it possible he had an A with a low kicker since he called pre-flop on gun barrel position?
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      Lol, asking me further questions is probably just wandering further down the garden path.
      Freeroll, so could be anything really, but limp utg can be big hand looking for a raiser to pounce on, which he doesn't, or a solid hand looking to flat a raise, which he does, or a speculative hand that doesn't fold to a small bet.
      Assuming he's close to a starting stack, then he is probably nitty, so AQ, AK 10,10+ KQs ; J10s+ as you say or a small pair likely. Because he is a nit, he has part of this flop, but your small bet prices in his full continue range. He doesn't ck back turn, though his bet is small. Some player might limp a weak ace and call a small bet, and make small bet on turn, but not usually a nit, only a tit.
      :heart:
    • slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Silver
      Im not a massive expert, but
      I would call pre flop.
      Check / fold flop, you got in cheap to see a flop & got out cheap when you miss your set.

Pre, he's open limped, do you really think hes going to fold for 122 more chips? Then on the flop youre trying to rep the kind of hand hes more than likely got after his limp/call - a weak A, suited A or even just two clubs
    • Bigdogbob
      Bigdogbob
      Bronze
      I would have just completed from the small blind I find that at micros players that limp don't usually fold to a raise preflop.
    • slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Silver
      Originally posted by Bigdogbob
      I would have just completed from the small blind I find that at micros players that limp don't usually fold to a raise preflop.
      Totally agree with that from my experience, I think the only time they limp/ fold is to a shove and even then that isnt guaranteed
    • Bigdogbob
      Bigdogbob
      Bronze
      I think also if you want to attempt the steal then you need to make it bigger it was costing him 122 to win 622 so 6/1 pretty much most hands can call plus he has position on you which makes it even more difficult for you when you don't hit your set
    • Bigdogbob
      Bigdogbob
      Bronze
      As slippy Jim said a shove would probably have been better
    • mattyvx
      mattyvx
      Bronze
      In general you do not want to isolate with low pairs, they play so bad when you miss, have no high card value and only two outs when called vs an unpaired hand with overs having 6 outs

As played I think you can cbet the board as A high will usually favour the PRF but in general if your going to iso do it in position and not with low pairs
    • GoOnCal1
      GoOnCal1
      Bronze
      I left out weak suited aces in his range, but yes this is possible, and a weak ace might play this way also.
    • arsenej1
      arsenej1
      Bronze
      RLdiamond. ..RLdiamond5...rani.salhab. weres my money? Im glad to see your not yet scamming people on pokerstrategy. But since you have on other forums i think all members should be warned. Google his usernames and youll see what this guys really like....
      i want my money buddy and i wont stop spoiling your scamming plans all over the net until you pay me back
    • slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Silver
      Originally posted by arsenej1
      RLdiamond. ..RLdiamond5...rani.salhab. weres my money? Im glad to see your not yet scamming people on pokerstrategy. But since you have on other forums i think all members should be warned. Google his usernames and youll see what this guys really like....
      i want my money buddy and i wont stop spoiling your scamming plans all over the net until you pay me back
      What has he, alledgedly, been doing?
    • arsenej1
      arsenej1
      Bronze
      Asking for stakes. Im my case he asked for a stake to reach Silverstar. I gave it to him and made him a game plan to reach goal and he just stole my money. I gave him the benefit of doubt then he just ran off and never came back. You can find everything over google if u lookup his name and poker...more specifically bankrollmob. Google rani.salhab, Silverstar mobber support and thata the initial thread i got ripped off in. I have been chasing him around from forum to forum catching him trying to cheat people out of money
    • arsenej1
      arsenej1
      Bronze
      Can beleive it or not but if i stop one other person from being cheated out of money then im happy. And i promised him on other forums i wont allow him to do it agin so here i am making sure no one else gets robbed
    • arsenej1
      arsenej1
      Bronze
      [Edited by SDK1987: I removed the link, because it's against Our forum principles to post a link of a competitor]

Donno if i can post this here but heres one
    • arsenej1
      arsenej1
      Bronze
      If u read all 3-4 pages ull get story
    • Post removed