Omaha Hi/Lo SnGs

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Anybody have strategy to beat these SnGs I have heard that they can be played very profitably at lower buyins because people dont fully understand the game. Would be interested if anyone has any sort of experince and some strategy that they would like to discuss?
  • 3 replies
    • PatrikLarsson
      PatrikLarsson
      Bronze
      Try Wilsons omaha hi lo program with a points calculation for starting hands plus advice and odds :)
    • wormboy77
      wormboy77
      Bronze
      http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/truly-awesome-sharkscope-graphs-61228/index4.html

first graph on the page is a guy who only plays Omaha Hi/Lo HU sngs, doesn't mean you can do the same but yeah pretty sick.
    • michaelg5pro
      michaelg5pro
      Bronze
      Well that guys doin well, i might give that a try, played one yesterday and won, but i just dunno how i played, cause in the end there was a lot of preflop capping action. But in the early stages there really was a lot to get with a solid handselection, seeing villains chase for a lo with 67 and other crap. I even folded some good cards, fearin somebody had me beat, however i gonna keep that play against unknown, cause just dont play agaist obvious better made hands, except your stacks fine, u have a hand that would beat a bluff and the odds are right for u to redraw. Whatever i dont have experience or real strategy, but the often heard statement a solid abc style works for low limit not holdem games seems to be right.

edit: i tried several of these now on ft (2-10$, tried stt and mtt as well and also some pl hi lo tourneys, here i an lackin many valuebets, however, workin on that), of course still just very few, but running fine. What about the low limits on stars? I seldom play there, not tracked.