Hi :)

• kerith
      kerith
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm Borja, a computer programmer from Spain.
      For those of us geeks out there, I come from a Magic: The Gathering background, and I find that it has lots of overlap with Poker, so I thought I might enjoy it.

I love the mental challenges, and am perfectly OK with having all the percentages in my favor, doing everything right, and loosing anyway. It's the long term that matters, and the best decisions will lead to the best results, eventually. I thoroughly enjoy the "figuring out what the best decision is" part.

Having that in mind, I find that Poker (NL Hold'em is my game of choice) has lots of room for decision-making (much more than I thought), and that appeals greatly to me.

I have read all the NL2-NL5 articles here, including confidant92's guide (nice Bob by the way), and taken notes on them, so I think I'm ready to start playing at the lowest limits.

I think I have the ego under control, so any criticism would be greatly appreciated. I only ask for a little patience, since I think I'll be filling up the "Dumb questions thread" with... well... dumb questions.

Any advice on how to start is greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
  • 2 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Borja,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

I have to agree. Guys like David Williams (Magic) and ElkY (Starcraft) among many others have crossed over to poker. If you are playing 6-Max then w34z3l's 6max walkthrough - (microstakes edition) may be worth a look.

Make sure you check out our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

If you need advice regarding a room then check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :f_thumbsup:

Laz
    • kerith
      kerith
      Bronze
      Hey!
      Thanks for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it.

I have now posted in the table selection thread, and am trying to figure out how the tutorial works xD , while I wait for the titanbet free money.

Thanks again, I'll open a blog wheneber I'm ready to start playing.

Good luck,
      Borja