[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Jj

• Talic
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:club: , J:spade:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, 3 folds, MP3 calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,35) 6:club: , 5:heart: , Q:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $4,00, Hero raises to $11,00, MP3 raises to $62,66 (All-In), Hero raises to $23,40 (All-In).

Turn: ($92,41) 3:heart:
      River: ($92,41) 8:spade:

Final Pot: $92,41
  • 3 replies
    • Solomaextra
      Interesting hand. 1) VS that aggro passive line is good here. 2) Board is draw heavy!. 3) If you raise him on this board, I think you have to much to 3bet(unless you got really strong history), so you could do this with any hand, like 72o.

So he's never calling your raise since he's agression/passivness ratio is 18! So raising is only good if you want to play for stacks here with probably much worse or even equity, which you actually did.

Taking everything into consideration I think it's calldown, or even fold to 2nd/3rd barrel. Your equity against his possible range isn't good on this flop(I dunno his call 3bet OOP stat tho, so I'll give him very loose). You equity against his whole 3bet calling range(I assumed it's 13%, took some cards in equilator) is 60%, I think he's donking with any 6, queen, OESD and flushdraw, sometimes overcards, after he 3bets you I'd put him on: 55, 66, 56, 78(not always), AQ, KQ, QJ and every flushdraw he would call your 3bet with(that's AJs, ATs, JTs, T9s, 89s). Vs this range you are about 40 to 60 underdog.
    • Snodreliss
      Even though he is a maniac I don't like raiseing this flop. He will go broke with any Q, and the only hands I see him re-raiseing all-in with that is worse is flusdraw and straightdraw.

That's why I call his flop bet, and re-evaluate on turn.

If you wan't to bluff him, I think shove after his turn bet might be better as then he can't bluff you back and just have to call his draw/strong/bad hands or fold them.

Or, you can just give up on the flop as a safe way to play without big variance, but that seems weak to this player.
    • Kaitz20
      You could also consider calling him down, since he won´t fold if he bets into you on that board and he could easily have Q.
      Re-raise is fine, but you´re not imo here too often ahead.