percypuddlephuck says

• redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      ok short version then. sometimes it feels rigged based on the cumulative odds and arithmetical probability. And whereas the results are sometimes statistically improbable they aint infinitely impossible
  • 24 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I just wonder as you say that it is impossible to win in cash games over a long period of time, how long that period is? Cos I know a lot of people whom are winning in cash games for quite many years now.

Oh and I know players whom have won in tournaments over period of many years.

Oh wait! I know even players whom have won money in sitngos!

But yeah, as you didn't win money it has to be rigged.

P.S. you don't have to play online poker, did you know that? If you really think it is rigged, why would you play it?
    • kacekov
      kacekov
      Gold
      33/120 = 25%ish. losing 33 to a 20% chance seems reasonable.
      19/120 =16% ish. losing 19 to a 10% chance seems reasonable.
      4/120 = 3%ish. losing 4 to a 5% chance is not reasonable. u are running 2% above ev, or if u prefer u won 60% more than u should. poker is rigged.
      but of course math is overrated when u talk number with such a huge sample size.

i stopped Reading ur post after this but apparently kyyberi read and i like his answer so gg
    • kacekov
      kacekov
      Gold
      ok i read a bit more.

Originally posted by redjoekim66
      one poor guy I knew had 4 mortgages on his house thanks to online poker). Personally I lost about 40 grand over that 5 year period online .
      ur friend has 2 major problems:
      1 - he's an addict. not the end of the world as there are more poker players who are addicts, nevertheless he should seek help.
      2- he's a losing addict. this is a bit more serious and he should also seek help. try referring him here on pokerstrategy, he can learn to play and u earn big Money when he makes them big bucks.

u sir have 3 major problems:
      1 - u´r an addict not the end of the world as there are more poker players who are addicts, nevertheless you should seek help.
      2 - u´r a losing addict. this is a bit more serious and you should also seek help. try to read stuff here on pokerstrategy for exemple, u can learn to play and earn big Money.
      3 - you are a bit, sorry for the insult but i cant find a more appropriate word, of a dumb addict. u saw ur friend lose 4 mortgages on his house and still u came to play online poker, u say u won 90k live and still after all that u came to lose 40k in online. and even after u see ur friend losing and u are losing urself u still dont get it and u still played online. dayum.

as for the live winning and online losing there's a lot to talk about it but i dont want to make this a TL:D R like ur initial post.
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      i'm only expressing an opinion which i'm perfectly entitled to do. And the reason I play is because i'm in profit otherwise I wouldn't play. And again I relate to the perception thing which has a high percentage rate. I have stated this before that i'm in x-files land in respect of online poker. I want to believe but it's difficult based on the results. What I find highly amusing is that no-one ever talks about the decline of online poker and the percentage drop in traffic since 2007. prior to 2007 you could get a loan for anything. if you asked your bank manager for a loan to get a rothschilds giraffe then most of the time you would get it. Not so now and in this respect online poker has suffered.
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      If you were able to read properly I lost 40,000 grand prior to 2007 and yes it was pretty dumb but that dumbness came from my live winnings. Since feb 2014 I have shown profit of about 3000 and the last 3 months have been reasonable. Next time read a thread properly and don't be so obdurate towards fellow members. Most of the time i'm just ranting which I never do at the tables because when you get a bad player hitting hand after hand with miraculous beats you know it won't last and the money will be exchanged back eventually. having a rant at them is just bad for business. So I choose to rant any which way I can and I now play any which way but loose
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      you just wrote a one paragraph book for a post.

ain't no way i'm reading that
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      oh dear you can obviously read but unfortunately you have very limited understanding. In many respects I admit it was a bit of a rant and you obviously took that as an opportunity to add insult to injury. It would seem you also enjoy twisting things to suit your opinions which would mean you are either American or russian
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      I just noticed you are a coach and this is the manner in which you address poker strategy members. I just hope you don't have any children because i'm pretty sure you will only be very disappointed with them
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      and so u shouldn't it was a monologue rant and before I go all stu unger i'm sure there will be a few more considering i'm old and grumpy
    • karbonade123
      karbonade123
      Bronze
      Perfect shit post. I r8 8/8 m8.
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      yes I know
    • dreamer14
      dreamer14
      Bronze
      You must be mental. Your post doesn't even worth reading more than 5 seconds and laugh.
    • Svinhugg
      Svinhugg
      Gold
      Well. I have lost some money on iPoker and I don't say that I know that it is not rigged. But if I compare the money I have lost with the rake I have paid it is nothing. especially if I take in the bonuses and stuff in the calculation.

But why is it that rigg-believers write such masses of text without dividing it into paragraphs? It's so hard to read for us that's not so good in english.
    • la55i
      la55i
      Please read this:
      http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/ld/resources/writing/grammar/grammar-guides/paras

There is no way I'm reading your post. That wall of text makes me sick. But if you are saying that poker is rigged, I'm just gonna say that you are wrong.
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      not saying it's rigged just get a strong feeling that it is at times.
    • la55i
      la55i
      And how many hands have you played?
    • NothingIsForSho
      NothingIsForSho
      Bronze
      well anyways if you play online poker you can use a tracking device to see your EV winnings vs actual winnings right.

And when you play live it's a lot different and has varying degrees of safety but you should be able to judge if you are running above or below EV with experience.

The way I feel it's rigged sometimes is because of the rake. That might be the rig you are feeling no?
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      just over 300 000 since feb 2014
    • redjoekim66
      redjoekim66
      Gold
      ty nothingforsho at least you've shown an appetite to be helpful. I'm not saying it's rigged but that there is a perception that it is rigged from a sizeable percentage of online players and that online poker has seen a massive decline over the last 10 years. It just seems a lot of the online poker companies have been caught with there pants down and just don't know how to pull them back up again. I remember very well playing online poker in the early noughties when poker rooms were awash with borrowed money