6max UTG hand ranges

• 13 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      55 is the only hand of those that I would open UTG and I'm pretty loose =)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if you have to ask, you could do with folding all of them, even 55. table type is not that relevant

i open all of these when i am spewing on nl5 :f_biggrin:
    • Stroill343
      Stroill343
      Basic
      Originally posted by Stroill343
      Thanks. How about KJs, KTs, A9s, 9Ts, TJs?
      Originally posted by la55i
      55 is the only hand of those that I would open UTG and I'm pretty loose =)
      Thanks. How about KJs, KTs, A9s, 9Ts, TJs?
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      if you have to ask, you could do with folding all of them, even 55. table type is not that relevant

i open all of these when i am spewing on nl5 :f_biggrin:
      What hand ranges would you open UTG then? and are you a tight or loose type?
    • inceptioner
      inceptioner
      Bronze
      My UTG range is about AJ+, ATs+, KJs+, 66+, T9s+.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I usually check what kind of people there are behind me, if they are fish or tight regs and change my opening range a bit. I open all pocket pairs. My range is something like this: 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AJo+,KJo+. That's 14%. And Tomaloc is not tight or loose.. Hes a maniac. :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      as a start i would open 77+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo+ (8.5%). it will hit you strong draws and tps and you will usually cooler other sets when the dreaded set over set happens.
      if there are some fish, i just include all pocket pairs and KQo, AJo. hit a good tp+ hand and valuebet 3 streets.

i really don't think you have to be "wide" on utg and worry about "board coverage" and that bs even as far as nl25 at least. so what, you never have the nuts on low boards, and your 3barrels are always tptk or better - it's ok, no one gives a fuck.
      i played this tight on utg for a pretty good time (now i open ~14% on my limits), though i was always much wider than most in late positions.

@la55i i think 98s 87s are marginal, and KJo is just bad. play all Axs instead.
    • Stroill343
      Stroill343
      Basic
      Originally posted by la55i
      I usually check what kind of people there are behind me, if they are fish or tight regs and change my opening range a bit. I open all pocket pairs. My range is something like this: 22+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AJo+,KJo+. That's 14%. And Tomaloc is not tight or loose.. Hes a maniac. :f_biggrin:
      22 to 44 seems like a bit too loose, I think. Which limit would this hand ranges would work best? I'm playing at micro as a grinder, by the way. I figure this would be applicable on a very tight table or am I wrong?

Originally posted by Tomaloc
      as a start i would open 77+, ATs+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo+ (8.5%). it will hit you strong draws and tps and you will usually cooler other sets when the dreaded set over set happens.
      if there are some fish, i just include all pocket pairs and KQo, AJo. hit a good tp+ hand and valuebet 3 streets.

i really don't think you have to be "wide" on utg and worry about "board coverage" and that bs even as far as nl25 at least. so what, you never have the nuts on low boards, and your 3barrels are always tptk or better - it's ok, no one gives a fuck.
      i played this tight on utg for a pretty good time (now i open ~14% on my limits), though i was always much wider than most in late positions.

@la55i i think 98s 87s are marginal, and KJo is just bad. play all Axs instead.
      Thanks.

Which hand would you limp/call?
      Which pairs or over cards would you continue when you get 3bet by a villain and what ranges would you 4bet with?
      Who are your poker heroes and to whom can you identify your playing style?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      55+, AJo+, ATs+, KJs+, T9s-QJs, A5s-A2s is what I'm opening utg.

FR UTG probably opening something like 88+, AQo, AJs+,KQs but don't really play FR so maybe this is too nitty
    • Stroill343
      Stroill343
      Basic
      Axs for flush mining UTG? How do you respond to 3bet? Are you opening 3xBB or just limping? How's your EV charts UTG with weak AXs? If its for flush mining purposes, would you also add K9s on your range?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Originally posted by Stroill343
      22 to 44 seems like a bit too loose, I think. Which limit would this hand ranges would work best? I'm playing at micro as a grinder, by the way. I figure this would be applicable on a very tight table or am I wrong?
      Yea it is a bit loose but I think it works pretty well at the micros against tighter players. If a tighter player calls you he has mostly broadway cards so if the flop is low we should cbet it. Usually they check/fold flop if they don't hit. If we have for example 33 and a fish calls and the flop is 489 I wouldn't cbet cause it hits his calling range pretty hard. In that case our open with 33 is purely for set mining and if we don't hit we fold. I do this because I think I can do some tricks post flop and play it okay and I'm trying to develop my post flop game but if you don't yet feel comfortable playing a lot post flop then I would recommend to keep your range tighter. :f_grin:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Depends on the table. Never play standard.

I would adjust something like this:

Aggressive table: 22+, ATs+, A5s-A2s, KJs+, QJs, JTs, AJo+, KQo
      Passive/loose table: 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, ATo+, KJo+
      Tight table: 22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, A9o+, KTo+, QJo

Always depends who is sitting behind you and how do you think certain player will respond to your opens. So do not take this a definite answer to your question.

In regards to the limping, do not limp unless it makes the most sense, which in most cases doesn't.
    • Strongwill
      Strongwill
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Depends on the table. Never play standard.

I would adjust something like this:

Aggressive table: 22+, ATs+, A5s-A2s, KJs+, QJs, JTs, AJo+, KQo
      Passive/loose table: 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, 76s, ATo+, KJo+
      Tight table: 22+, A2s+, K9s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, A9o+, KTo+, QJo

Always depends who is sitting behind you and how do you think certain player will respond to your opens. So do not take this a definite answer to your question.

In regards to the limping, do not limp unless it makes the most sense, which in most cases doesn't.
      What happens when you get 3bet on an aggressive table? Which hand continues, 4bet and which hand goes into the muck?

Thanks.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Always will depend on villain tendencies and table dynamics. But UTG I will not go too crazy in those spots.