Infinite redirect loop

• la55i
      la55i
      Hi,

I'm from Finland and I noticed that if I type pokerstrategy.com into my browser it redirects me to fi.pokerstrategy.com and it goes on an on. It won't open the site and Chrome just tells me ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. If I put /forum/ to the end it works fine. Just thought you want to know. :f_smile:
  • 9 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi la55i,

Does this problem still occur for you, or did it resolve itself by now?

If not, could you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies? This could sometimes cause problems such as the one you're describing.

Let us know if this works :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi,

Clearing cache and cookies didn't fix the problem. Could it be a problem in your website? Because my connection is coming from Finland your site redirects it to the Finnish community and cause it doesn't exist anymore it redirects me to pokerstrategy.com creating a loop? This happens with clean installs of other browsers too. It doesn't bother me because I always come straight to the forum section but I thought you might want to know this in case every Finnish user is having the same issue.

Edit: This is interesting.. I had Mozilla installed and I have used it once. I cleared all history, cache cookies and everything, opened private window and used VPN so it looks like my connection is coming from London but still it redirects me. Weird.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      I'll forward this to our IT department in that case so that they can have a look at this.

I'll let you know as soon as possible when I have more information for you :)
    • inceptioner
      inceptioner
      Bronze
      Yeah, same thing has been happening to me for the last 2 months. Also from Finland :)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Whenever I personally try to go to the homepage the same thing happens, as I get redirected to the Dutch community instead. So my guess is the redirect happens for everyone, based on where they live. But since the Finnish community is of course gone that shouldn't happen for you...

Hopefully our IT guys will be able to get this sorted out soon, I'll keep you posted :)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Our IT department has found a fix for this which will be implemented as soon as possible. So this should be resolved now :)
    • la55i
      la55i
      Sounds good. Now when Finnish people try to google this site they won't get stuck in a loop. :f_thumbsup:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Exactly :f_drink:
    • zamwise
      zamwise
      Silver
      The problem is still on. http://www.pokerstrategy.com gives an infinite redirection error, http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/ opens ok.