well thanks for no help

• samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      X( I have posted numerous times regaurding the elephant tracker and plenty of members have viewed the posts but i have had no responses to the issues i have had ....i just want to say thanks everyone :evil:

I wont bother you all again your obviously got your own way of being but its not my way X(
  • 28 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by samgamgee
      X( I have posted numerous times regaurding the elephant tracker and plenty of members have viewed the posts but i have had no responses to the issues i have had ....i just want to say thanks everyone :evil:

I wont bother you all again your obviously got your own way of being but its not my way X(
      Hi samgamgee,

The problem could be that many members simply might not know the answer to your questions. Not even I (and believe me I have heard of a lot of problems) know the answers to some of the more individual Elephant problems. That is why I advised you to post in the Elephant board. You won't always receive a quick response (sadly) since Galam has a lot to do - but when you do - it will come from someone that is actively involved in Elephant development.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi samgamgee,

Maybe adding an appropriate title may help your threads outcome.

I have actually clicked on your "elephant trial" thread. Not knowing what the hell is inside. Maybe it was a question, feedback, a problem? Once you open the thread you get to relise that its a question, which is actually only aimed at Galam. I doubt many other people know the answer. You need to understand that the makers are damn busy, and cant check the forums all the time.

Your post was only made yesterday also. Please have alittle patience. Look at it this way, how many threads have you read? and how many have you replied in? If everyone posted in every thread (about stuff they dont even know), then the forum would be a shambles.

EDIT: Without sounding harsh. After looking at your previous 22 posts, I relise you have never answered any questions, only ask them when you have a problem. For forums to work, everyone has to put in, what they take out. Then you make a new thread shouting the odds, about something you yourself do.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Hi samgamgee,

Maybe adding an appropriate title may help your threads outcome.

I have actually clicked on your "elephant trial" thread. Not knowing what the hell is inside. Maybe it was a question, feedback, a problem? Once you open the thread you get to relise that its a question, which is actually only aimed at Galam. I doubt many other people know the answer. You need to understand that the makers are damn busy, and cant check the forums all the time.

Your post was only made yesterday also. Please have alittle patience. Look at it this way, how many threads have you read? and how many have you replied in? If everyone posted in every thread (about stuff they dont even know), then the forum would be a shambles.

Regards,
      Stiev
      Well like i say i am NEW here and am unsure of the layout and cant even find a way for a PM message as i cant see a tab and as for the respose to a begginers posts i can only go by my experiance of other forums that i am extreemly active in which when new members have questions they are swiftly and guidingly accomodated in direction .I took this as an established and open comunity with a fully functioning and active participating congregation of members willing to help in every oppotunity ,like my experiance of other poker forums .For to just be ignored and not even taking time to internally message me with guidance leaves a new member feeling excluded from the main group .But if your a mod you should know that eh .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

Well like i say i am NEW here and am unsure of the layout and cant even find a way for a PM message as i cant see a tab and as for the respose to a begginers posts i can only go by my experiance of other forums that i am extreemly active in which when new members have questions they are swiftly and guidingly accomodated in direction .I took this as an established and open comunity with a fully functioning and active participating congregation of members willing to help in every oppotunity ,like my experiance of other poker forums .For to just be ignored and not even taking time to internally message me with guidance leaves a new member feeling excluded from the main group .But if your a mod you should know that eh .
      Hi samgamgee,

As I said above, a lot of players simply won't know the answers to Elephant questions. This is why I directed you to the correct forum in your initial post on the subject. In the beginner area you will also have many beginners reading your posts - who will of course not know the answers either (nor message you).

Although we try to offer quick help, the English community has by no means the size or activity as some other PokerStrategy communities - and is still growing. I for example didn't read your second post - up until this morning - and am probably one of the most active people here.

As for private messages - you didn't find the option, because it doesn't exist in the current forum. We have only recently introduced private messaging in the Beta of our new community tool which is still not integrated into the main navigation bar (due to performance issues). You can find it here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

You cant PM on our forums.

As we said, its useless us posting a reply, because we simply don't know the answer. The question will be answered by Galam, but I think he only searches the forums once per week (very busy). Until then its a waiting game. Opening sarcastic "well thanks for no help" threads, help knowone. Least of all your image to all the other forum members. They are also bloody anoying.

You will get a reply in your thread, you just need to be patient.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      I am understanding your referance to the fact i am English and may not have an abundance of Engish members but this isnt sides we are taking here ,or i wasnt aware when i joined .This is the http://WWW.com and crede or colour even accent in speaking shouldnt matter a dickybird when dealing with new members and as for the moderator dealing with the requests of a new member i find it appauling that the above moderator who seems to think i should know who the heck Galam is (i'll say it once more I AM NEW HERE)...and as for a "NEW"jumping in and replying to everones pro's and quo's as he is suggesting ....then us Engish really are different as we are taught to at an early age to reserve imposing veiws and opinions untill we are accepted by our groups wich is usually fairly quickly and acceptingly .Giving his response in this post i dread to think what he would be replying if i started bombarding the forum with replyes to peoples questions .....who does he think he is i can imagine ?

But hey contaversy never puts me off and i just disagree that a person or member is of lower importance or equallity because he is NEW

yes i am also slightly dislexsic wonder what flack i'll get for that
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      LOL wut?

1st of all you can aim your message at me if you have a problem with me. No need to aim the message at SoyCD, while slating me.

You summed the whole thing up in your last sentance. "But hey contaversy never puts me off and i just disagree that a person or member is of lower importance or equallity because he is NEW". Knowone is of low or high importance, and anyone can reply in threads that they feel they can help, or have a view on.

BTW, It was actually Soy who 1st mentioned Galam. Read Soy's 1st post, and you will notice that he tells you who Galam is, and what his roll is here.

END!!!
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      We all cleared up there then :rolleyes:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      I am understanding your referance to the fact i am English and may not have an abundance of Engish members but this isnt sides we are taking here ,or i wasnt aware when i joined .This is the http://WWW.com and crede or colour even accent in speaking shouldnt matter a dickybird when dealing with new members and as for the moderator dealing with the requests of a new member i find it appauling that the above moderator who seems to think i should know who the heck Galam is (i'll say it once more I AM NEW HERE)...and as for a "NEW"jumping in and replying to everones pro's and quo's as he is suggesting ....then us Engish really are different as we are taught to at an early age to reserve imposing veiws and opinions untill we are accepted by our groups wich is usually fairly quickly and acceptingly .Giving his response in this post i dread to think what he would be replying if i started bombarding the forum with replyes to peoples questions .....who does he think he is i can imagine ?

But hey contaversy never puts me off and i just disagree that a person or member is of lower importance or equallity because he is NEW

yes i am also slightly dislexsic wonder what flack i'll get for that
      Just to clear this up, as you seem to be of the opinion that I am somehow attacking you while I am just trying to be helpful.

This is the English community as in English Speaking. PokerStrategy is available in multiple languages such as German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Swedish (etc. etc. etc.). Some of the Forums such as the German forum (http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/) have thousands of active members and thousands of posts every day. The English community (so this one - in which we have members from all part of the world) is not nearly as large or active as other community forums - which is why having a "a quick helpful answer within a short amount of time" is by no means a given.

Instead you actually have administrators such as myself still personally welcoming and greeting members - just as I did with you. I at no time ever treated you as if you were of lower importance or equality just because you are new. In fact it is just the opposite. I invest a lot of time trying to help new players find their way around the site - because they are usually grateful of the help.

In light of that I find the manner and tone in which you are representing yourself quite "offensive".

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      take it easy :)
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      Soy if i have given the impression that my comments are aimed at you i am sorry for that as yes you have been quite polite and accomodating .My points raised above are in accordance with the moderator besides yourself in this thread as he replied in a belittling mannor that i most definatly didnt care for and seem to want to put me in place as a new member .I dont join anything that has a requirment to be below what is expected as equal and i am fairly sure that if it was an established member with questions he would be welcoming in his response ....why should i be different .
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I'll be more then happy to ignore your threads in the future. Except the funny ones. Sing me a song.
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      May God Bless and keep you always ,May your wishes all come true .My always do for others and let OTHERS do for you .May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung .may you stay forever young :D

Will that do ....a bit of dylan
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      To try and show I wasn't trying to be offensive or rude, I'll breakdown my reply, in the eyes I see it with.

Originally posted by cannell555
      Hi samgamgee,Adressing the new member, to make them feel welcome

Maybe adding an appropriate title may help your threads outcome. A word of advice and guidance, which will help everyone at the site.

I have actually clicked on your "elephant trial" thread. Not knowing what the hell is inside. Maybe it was a question, feedback, a problem? again advice Once you open the thread you get to relise that its a question, which is actually only aimed at Galam. I doubt many other people know the answer. my opinion on the matter You need to understand that the makers are damn busy, and cant check the forums all the time. truth, explaining to you that patience is needed on that part of the forum

Your post was only made yesterday also. tellin it like it is Please have alittle patience. Look at it this way, how many threads have you read? and how many have you replied in? speeks for itself imo If everyone posted in every thread (about stuff they dont even know), then the forum would be a shambles. again explaining that a quality answer, is better than 10 instant answers

EDIT: Without sounding harsh. trying to tone down, what may be seen as a insult After looking at your previous 22 posts, I relise you have never answered any questions, only ask them when you have a problem. For forums to work, everyone has to put in, what they take out. explaining that, you say you get no replies, yet you have not replied to anyone elses questions or threadsThen you make a new thread shouting the odds, about something you yourself do.

Regards,kind finishing message
      Stievsigned and seeled
      I can actually see how parts of that could be slightly agressive, but we cant answer questions, which we dont know the answers to. Its that simple. Work with us on this, and try and be a little more patient.
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      No problem we just getting to know one another ;-)
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      im only newish, dont post much but read a lot, im also english and never had any probs with anyone. and the worse thing you can do when you want help is let your gob go. i needed help with elephant didnt get an answer immediately X( . so went looking instead and found the answer. :) :) there is only one aggressive person i know of on this site and you will meet him sometime or other. :D :D
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      Just for guidance as to what you interpret as "letting your gob go ".I never let as you describe as gob go without due reason and rather than letting gob go undirected ,i engage in passionate descusion !

The English referance was a miss use of words when the referance was used as being English .....but actually what was meant was English speaking ....there is a difference .But it was an omitance of proper words and nothing more ,just an oversight /undersight .

If i have something to say wether it be to and angry happy sad arrogant or any other type of person ...it is no matter to me and i will still say it .It is my right .If your insinuating that when you want something you just sit and wait untill spoken to then i suggest you have a lot to learn about life .That sh**t will get you left behind and forgotten .....Speak up lad thats what your blessed with speech for ?
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      what i was saying(let your gob go)is you cannot expect to get an answer to a problem by shouting if your problem is not answered immediately.
    • samgamgee
      samgamgee
      Bronze
      And what i'm saying is on an active forum recognition of a new members problem even if conot be resolved should at least be accomodated in a resonse of any kind .Even if that resonse is just to say that my problem will be answered in due coarse ....but to just be ignored is rude and unwelcoming or signifies that the forum is dead .It was like i wasnt even there .
      Maybe my polite manner and expectance of the said in returning is just out of place here .
      The only polite response i got was from the head moderator which i dont deny his time must be limited as he will have other issues to attend .But i just took that other foot soldiers would be in place to make every one welcom and attend their needs .I see their is a structure of under moderators and even people willing to post with critisism of my approach to the forum .So why were these people not so forthcoming in aknologment of my propblems .

Just a diferent perseption of what a forum should accomodate i think ......but we live and learn?