Printed articles for sale

• phatenuff

Just a thought, I think once people reach a certain level e.g. bronze/silver they should have the option to buy a set of printed articles for reference, e.g. the tables etc. And maybe also a cheat-sheet kind of slip with a full reference etc... would be very useful. At the moment I'm finding it tiresome sorting through all the articles all the time I need to reference something, I'm tempted to rewrite an abridged version for myself. Having to navigate the articles piecemeal spread through many online pages is quite laborious...and very tricky while you're playing!

But the content is fantastic... which would make it really worth paying for... esp for novices like myself!!!
  • 6 replies
    • fluffykiller
      Indeed that would a briliant idea, I would buy one too..
    • phatenuff
      I guess that would mean that people get past having to earn a certain amount of points per month, but I think that's a weird policy anyway since people could just print off the articles themselves once reaching a new level and then drop down again but still have the info. Why can't it be total accumulated points for all the levels, rather than just black?? It just seems a bit weird and even a bit pointless...
    • ukcoolcat
      it's how the site makes money phatenuff! you play more, they make more, simple equation, that way they can provide the startup capital+bonus, articles, coaching etc in the way they do.
    • delete461
      Originally posted by phatenuff
      I'm tempted to rewrite an abridged version for myself.
      This isnt such a bad idea, its sort of what Im doing. Every article I read I write down important points and notes in a notebook, then I review it as I play. I found it really helps to memorise the information.
    • Delftdirk
      Awesome idea
      I was thinking about the same thing
      Maybe its an idea to put all bronze articles in 1 big pdf for download to, and same for silver and so on
      Now you can only download some things

If someone from pokerstrategy likes this idea i wouldnt mind putting some time into it

And as far as your idea for the books, it might be an idea to give some away each months as prices
      Best bronze player, best silver player and so on
      And the abilaty to buy them to of course
    • bordzter
      actually having the articles for each level is an incentive for you to play more.

due to some variance you wont really feel the overall effect of putting the said articles till you have really been using it and it becomes second nature to you. then the hard part begins... you learn to start reading your opponents as you go to higher limits...

actually i do take time to make an abridged version of the articles for my reference whenever am playing. i did it in word and had it printed....