[NL2-NL10] NL25 QQ and KK

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      In the space of two hands KK and QQ against an aparently fishy oponent both with ace on the flop..... both times I didn't fold, both times I think I made very questionable plays. How would you play this hands?

Hand 1

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,05
      BB:
      $10,35
      MP1:
      $10,30
      Hero:
      $5,50
      MP3:
      $15,00
      CO:
      $11,15
      BU:
      $30,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) A:diamond: , T:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,75, Hero raises to $4,50 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,85
      --------------------------
      -------------------------
      Hand 2

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,75
      BB:
      $25,00
      MP1:
      $7,65
      MP2:
      $30,10
      MP3:
      $8,95
      CO:
      $10,00
      BU:
      $31,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, 4 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) A:spade: , 4:club: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($3,25) 6:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2,25, SB folds, Hero calls $2,25.

River: ($7,75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $7,75
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Alejandrosh,

In the first hand, why didn't you made a continuation bet? fish or no fish, some will fold eventually and you where you are standing more or less unless he calls with curve balls (notation worth).

I do not think I go for a c/r on this board and consider your KK as trashhand in this spot.

I think a hard c-bet like $2 gives you enough information where you stand because if he Reraises you , you can fold accordingly, try to get to the showdown as cheap as possible!

#hand 2
      I can feel for a funky call on the Turn, but is it worth the investment? What will you do if Villain bets again? You are in a tough spot with just queens and OOP + the board is double flushy A high.

Sometimes you just have to surrender your 4bb in a multiway pot, it happens to me as well but this is pure discipline , just make sure you got him noted down and pwn him the next time

best regards,
      Gerv
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi gerv.

In the first hand, why didn't you made a continuation bet? fish or no fish, some will fold eventually and you where you are standing more or less unless he calls with curve balls (notation worth).

I saw his huge vpip and high AF (didn't saw the sample size which is a big mistake) and didn't wan't him to reraise me with his QJo or whatever he had. But with 16 hands I think you are right that the cbet is the best play and fold the best hand against a reraise ( only donks never fold the best hand :D )

I can feel for a funky call on the Turn, but is it worth the investment? What will you do if Villain bets again? You are in a tough spot with just queens and OOP + the board is double flushy A high.

I don't know if it's worth (I'm very confused about my play in these hands as you can see). I think If I call turn I have to call a river bet. altough it sucks.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I don't know if it's worth (I'm very confused about my play in these hands as you can see). I think If I call turn I have to call a river bet. altough it sucks.
      This is a leak you should be working on, no way if you call bet A, that you have to call Bet B with 72o for example... ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I meant in this hand (the QQ) :) , If I call turn here because I don't believe he has an ace and checked the flop with it in position I can't fold to a bet on the river , it doesn't make sence. why calling turn if I'm going to do that?.

again: on that particular hand, I'm not always calling river bets just because I called turn :D