This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 QQ and KK

• alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      In the space of two hands KK and QQ against an aparently fishy oponent both with ace on the flop..... both times I didn't fold, both times I think I made very questionable plays. How would you play this hands?

Hand 1

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $9,05
      BB:
      $10,35
      MP1:
      $10,30
      Hero:
      $5,50
      MP3:
      $15,00
      CO:
      $11,15
      BU:
      $30,00

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP3 folds, CO calls $1,00, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2,35) A:diamond: , T:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,75, Hero raises to $4,50 (All-In), CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $5,85
      --------------------------
      -------------------------
      Hand 2

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $24,75
      BB:
      $25,00
      MP1:
      $7,65
      MP2:
      $30,10
      MP3:
      $8,95
      CO:
      $10,00
      BU:
      $31,05

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q:diamond: , Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $1,00, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $1,00, 4 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,25) A:spade: , 4:club: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($3,25) 6:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets $2,25, SB folds, Hero calls $2,25.

River: ($7,75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $7,75
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Alejandrosh,

In the first hand, why didn't you made a continuation bet? fish or no fish, some will fold eventually and you where you are standing more or less unless he calls with curve balls (notation worth).

I do not think I go for a c/r on this board and consider your KK as trashhand in this spot.

I think a hard c-bet like $2 gives you enough information where you stand because if he Reraises you , you can fold accordingly, try to get to the showdown as cheap as possible!

#hand 2
      I can feel for a funky call on the Turn, but is it worth the investment? What will you do if Villain bets again? You are in a tough spot with just queens and OOP + the board is double flushy A high.

Sometimes you just have to surrender your 4bb in a multiway pot, it happens to me as well but this is pure discipline , just make sure you got him noted down and pwn him the next time

best regards,
      Gerv
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Hi gerv.

In the first hand, why didn't you made a continuation bet? fish or no fish, some will fold eventually and you where you are standing more or less unless he calls with curve balls (notation worth).

I saw his huge vpip and high AF (didn't saw the sample size which is a big mistake) and didn't wan't him to reraise me with his QJo or whatever he had. But with 16 hands I think you are right that the cbet is the best play and fold the best hand against a reraise ( only donks never fold the best hand :D )

I can feel for a funky call on the Turn, but is it worth the investment? What will you do if Villain bets again? You are in a tough spot with just queens and OOP + the board is double flushy A high.

I don't know if it's worth (I'm very confused about my play in these hands as you can see). I think If I call turn I have to call a river bet. altough it sucks.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I don't know if it's worth (I'm very confused about my play in these hands as you can see). I think If I call turn I have to call a river bet. altough it sucks.
      This is a leak you should be working on, no way if you call bet A, that you have to call Bet B with 72o for example... ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I meant in this hand (the QQ) :) , If I call turn here because I don't believe he has an ace and checked the flop with it in position I can't fold to a bet on the river , it doesn't make sence. why calling turn if I'm going to do that?.

again: on that particular hand, I'm not always calling river bets just because I called turn :D