Training programs like ICM trainer

• Freaky304
      Hi I used the ICM trainer to test my push or fold stage and by now it's become like second nature, I don't have to read the charts anymore and I don't have to think about with wich card to push or not. Needless to say I'm really impressed by this program.

But now I have the problem with the starting hands, because you can't practice them in this way I always have the charts next to me, this helps me against making mistakes but prevents the matrial from becoming second nature to me (and I guess others also and if not then disregard this message :P ).

So my question/suggestion is a simular program where you can test/train picking your starting hand through the rest of the sng / tournament.

I don't know if it's possible but I think it would be a great help after all in a icm trainer kind of environment you can train thousands of times faster then while playing and a mistake doesn't cost you as much ;)

For the rest I just wanted to say great work this site has helped me so much.
  • 1 reply
    • cannell555
      Hi Freaky304,

A program of this sort wouldn't be very helpful IMO. You should only be playing premium hands, and hands with implied odds in position.

The transition to stop using charts shouldn't be to hard. Try and watch all the available video's, and you will start playing without charts soon enough. Before you make every decision based on the chart, just take a second and think why you are making that move. You will soon enough start to think for yourself, and your game will adapt to a whole new level.