[NL2-NL10] NL10 35s CO

• ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3:diamond: , 5:diamond: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero checks, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 7:spade: , A:diamond: , 8:diamond: (5 players)
      SB bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.90) 2:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

River: ($1.20) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB bets $5.55 (All-In), Hero ???

Please give me your opinion(s). I will give my decision after the hand is judged.

And yeah, I realize I should probably raise the turn (or maybe the flop). Normally I don't play so passive but I am only playing with 12 stacks so I try not to put myself at risk as often as I can.
  • 6 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      1.Dont post your blind OOP.
      2. No, you dont have to raise the flop or the turn with your 5 high FD.Your line is standart
      3.Easy call with the second nuts
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      I always post my blind in the CO. You get 6 hands for 1bb, which is what you always get.

And is it really that easy???

If you don't mind, can you give me some examples of hands that BB will shove with?
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Well no, you have to be BB in 4 hands, so you post it for 4 hands.
      BB is midstacked, that should tell you he's a bad player.
      He may do this with -
      1.A bluffovershove - their favorite.
      2.Any two pair kind of hands.
      3.Top pair
      4.slowplayed set,or rivered one.
      5.56(nutz)
      =======
      Against that range and only 50bb,Im always calling.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      First of all don't post your blinds OOP.
      Think of it this way.
      Would you call with 7,2o in CO FI?
      It's exactly the same if you post BB in CO and get dealt 7,2o.
      It's -EV.

Your line is fine and river i would go broke.
      You have 2nd nuts.

Villain could be on a set, Ax, xx 2 pair and ofcourse a donk river bluff.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      its not good to post your blind oop even in co
      bb seems such a nit . its a hard spot against him . against other players would be a easy call but i think a nit like this shows up alot with 56 here . i still dont know if i can fold . its close and marginal against him .
      sometimes you will split , sometimes he will show you the nuts . dont see other hands at him . since its nl5 i think i call but is very close
      gl
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      Yeah, I realize now that the table wasn't full, but apparently I didn't notice that at the time. You guys are right about posting my blind OOP, my bad.

I can't see him having the same hand as I doubt he would go to the river with just a gutshot even to just minbets, but I can easily see him having 56. I agree, against other players this call is much easier, but against this nit...I just had a very hard decision.

I ended up mucking, since I have very little invested. Also because at the time I only had about 16 BI's -- if I had more than 20 I wouldn't mind calling.

Thanks for the evaluation!