This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 - re-steal

• dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($10)
      Hero (BB) ($1.80)
      UTG ($2.15)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      MP1 ($2.70)
      MP2 ($18.20)
      CO ($8.85)
      Button ($14.10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J
      5 folds, Button raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.80 (All-In), 2 folds

Total pot: $1.20 | Rake: $0

open raise from late position. I'm following the rule "re-steal with 88+ AJ+". Does the sb call change anything, or should I still simply play the re-steal?
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Personally I would avoid advanced moves without the stats, but AJ is in resteal range against unkown, so if there was no call by SB I would push, but let's see what the judges say about this one, because you cannot really tell when SB is doing, is he dead money or something else...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello dandycall,

A blinddefense 'call' on the SB is rather weak/quite loose and quite dumb because you are OOP thus I see most of the time SB's call as dead money thus it creates 4% equity advantage for us.

so with that having said, this is an Okay re-steal. But I think - once again - that restealing with 99/TT+ , AQ+ is the best profitable move for a basic shortie to start restealing with.

Best regards,

Gerv