nice meeting y`all

• maialeo
      maialeo
      Bronze
      Hi. I`m a brazilian 26 year old law graduate. My only job at the moment is to study full time and I play poker as a hobby - a hobby I wanna be good at.

My roll was built from a few promotional tickets I received via email, months after I gave up after busting several free bankrolls in a row xD

Currently playing 10 dollar sit n goes, and trying to figure out why I can`t seem to win money at cash games =/
  • 2 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by maialeo
      Hi. I`m a brazilian 26 year old law graduate. My only job at the moment is to study full time and I play poker as a hobby - a hobby I wanna be good at.

Currently playing 10 dollar sit n goes, and trying to figure out why I can`t seem to win money at cash games
      Hi, maialeo,
      Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

There is no point in having a hobby unless you want to be good at it, so I understand you completely.
      It is also nice to have a hobby that makes you money.

As for cash games, what stakes are you playing?
      That can be important, because there is a huge jump between NL10 and NL25.
      At least for me. I can do well up to NL25, then it seems my brain stops working.

I normally recommend new members start with the NL Lesson overview.
      Most of the articles are perhaps too basic for you, but may be worth reading anyway.

The SnG overview.

At some point you'll need higher status to read the more advanced articles.
      The best way to gain higher status is to take advantage of one of the free money offers, and grind your way up.

Best of luck,
      VS
    • Owl64
      Owl64
      Bronze
      "There is no point in having a hobby unless you want to be good at it"

I can't agree. Hitler was a terrible painter and look at results of that kind of thinking. ;)

Otherwise i agree with Vorpal - study games and beat the games.

Good luck.