Overcoming Fear....

• bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      I started out my poker career online when freerolling at hollywoodpoker til I saw i one of the sites a post about PS... I read then signed up. then chose mansion as it has a similar layout as hollywood poker.

That time I was busy grinding away at micro limit (.05/.10) til they closed down and when they're back online I was one of those who are not allowed to play again. Cashing out was a tedious affair and it has really put me into a slump til i got another oppurtunity.

Now am back and this time at party poker... It was kinda weird at the start as I was again fearful of losing my bankroll and it went down till i was down to $32 from the original 50....

Went back and started reading all over again and started reading the articles til it hit me.. I was too afraid of losing!!!

Now I became more attentive, installed PT3 and studied the people I played with....

SInce I started last Nov 25 am happy to say that I have not just got back what I lost but my BR is now triple of what was originally given and less than a hundred party points to go to clear my initial bonus...

My question guys... Am now playing at NL25... Am I ready to move up to the next limit????

I know there am some PS people at the tables where I play but I dont know them at all... DeuceHigh21 is among those I usually encounter...

ANd guys need help... Can you tell me how to adjust the HUD in PT3..

Many thanks...
  • 6 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Hey bordzter.

Nice start to your blog. You need at least 30 buyins to play at a particular limit. May want to read the bank roll management articles if you haven't already. Do you play short stack strategy or big stack strategy? If you play short stacked at NL50 which would be the next level you would be moving up to, minimum buyin at that level would be $10. So you would need at least $300 in your bankroll. The sooner you can implement a higher buyin strategy the better.

Regarding the software question post a thread in the software section. Galam will be able to help you there. Good luck.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      too much has happened yesterday...

i could say it was a nightmare.... i have had KK like 8 times yesterday and 2 AA that all got busted....

it really shattered my confidence and made me think that the poker gods could be (if there are any) are mad at me for rushing...

to top it all when i looked at my party poker account my bonus details are gone...

well i sent a ticket to support asking about it and am now again off to grind my day away at Party Poker....
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you should post some of those KK & AA hands in the hand evaluation section to see if you might have any leaks.

Good luck at the tables.
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice guys..

i will look at my hand history and convert them and post it at the forums...

as of right now i am back on track again... nearly but not quite but my confidence is back no normal and my BR is steadily going back these past few hours....

also i just reached 300 party points!!!! weeee.... too bad when i checked my account my bonus seems to have disappeared... :(

gonna eat dinner for now and post my hands later....
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      finally installed elephant and started really using it... had a very loong spell of bad beats and its now starting to turn...

i really need to develop more patience and discipline and waiting it out....

forced to go back to NL10 but thats part of learning... never be afaraid to back down and fold a good hand when you know you're already beat...
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      BACK to normal, i think.

after a week of going on tilt and checking where i went wrong i finally recovered and i am now back to where i started...

at the start i had a very good run but well i hit a snag.. made me go on tilt and made me lose almost... my bankroll...

several days of gruelling grind and checking that i'm making the correct play... finally i am back to the original 50... hehehehe...

at least my graph in elephant is now moving upwards...

till my next entry....