ps.com vs ps.fr vs ps.eu?

• rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Hey guys hoping someone can clear this is for me.
      So im from australia, but currently traveling around europe for 1+ years
      i have a ps.com account from when i played in aus, and have a ps.fr account which i created while over here. i have family in france so have a residential address here etc. recently saw someone talk about ps.eu which id never heard of.
      tried downloading it but the site keeps taking me to ps.fr. im currently in france now.
      whats the different between these sites? can i make a ps.eu account using my french address or australian? <-- (doubtful).
      just annoying i cant play on .com while in france. .fr dont offer a lot in comparison.
      thanks
  • 8 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Hey mate,

.com and .eu are the same (they have the same players)

.fr is seperate

Chances are you cannot download either .eu or .com while in France as they are ringfenced and cannot play on .eu/com

Email support@pokerstars.com for better clarification imo
    • aeusse
      aeusse
      Gold
      if you have your .com account verified just use a VPN on the same computer you always play on australia, or use virtual machine + VPN on a computer that you have used .fr
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I suppose Stars punish those playing for real money at .com out of France through a VPN as those who play out of the US. They don't want to have problems with the laws of both countries.

The .fr site is still good for playing Spin & Gos and MTTs, which are, I suppose, even better there than the .com ones (softer and, unlike cash games, raked moderately).
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      Great thanks for the info guys! :)

Originally posted by aeusse
      if you have your .com account verified just use a VPN on the same computer you always play on australia, or use virtual machine + VPN on a computer that you have used .fr
      Don't think id ever use a VPN when it comes to playing online poker... couldn't imagine it being worth it if you got caught and probably lose your account funds and whatever other consequences there would be...

Originally posted by tonypmm
      The .fr site is still good for playing Spin & Gos and MTTs, which are, I suppose, even better there than the .com ones (softer and, unlike cash games, raked moderately).
      I will say ive been really enjoying the mtts on .fr not massive fields and their deep stack tournies are great fun to super late reg into since noone really knows how to play with 15bb or less. But spin & gos are just not for me unfortunately. Oh well! :)

trying to find some other .fr/.eu sites that are somewhat decent. As im traveling around europe i can always join just .eu sites and play on them when im outside of france and any other countries that require their own .fr/.es/.it site
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by aeusse
      I definitely wouldn't do this. If caught and it only takes the smallest mistake then it's gg to your PokerStars account.

Originally posted by rubberduckie000
      trying to find some other .fr/.eu sites that are somewhat decent. As im traveling around europe i can always join just .eu sites and play on them when im outside of france and any other countries that require their own .fr/.es/.it site

Winamax is another great French site.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Good point :f_thumbsup:

Actually, once I'm properly set up at PS.fr and/or Winamax, I'll be able to continue playing there out of other countries with unregulated poker (i.e. the PS.eu/PS.com countries), even non-EU/EEA countries (maybe even Australia, though it's in a terrible time zone), with withdrawals going to my EU bank account, won't I? I know that a few Russian and Thai residents are getting away with it. Heh, I'll need to ask the Winamax and Stars reps on 2+2 anyway, for better security.
    • rubberduckie000
      rubberduckie000
      Bronze
      I need to look into Winamax ive heard some really positive things about their site. 888 was my 2nd site to play on while in france as for some reason they let me play while in France, but their customer service and withdrawal waiting times are just ridiculously bad/slow.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      maybe even Australia, though it's in a terrible time zone

I know :spit: