A Challenge to any gold+ members

• pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      Hi all, I would consider myself an ok player and have won a lot of money playing poker over the years, as I started with my free capital (eternally grateful poker strategy!) on a new poker site I found myself in the Donk and Fish cages of the lower limit games. My success rate in these games is ok but I have been considerably more successful playing in the $10+ limits as players in these limits now a little about how to play the game. My challenge is for at least a gold member to play 100 $1 sit and go's of 10 players and to see if they can accumulate any profit as it is near on impossible with the amount of idiots you play against. Hand ranges are nearly always 95% with most opponents and if you are playing tight then you can guarantee that one of them is going to hit on a low rainbow flop.
      I am not one for crying about bad beats as they happen a lot and its just something you have to consider when playing the game, also a lot of people forget how many times they have got a miracle runner against a better hand!
      Is anyone up for the challenge?
      Best of luck. :D
  • 29 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I played for the sake of fun around 50 1$ sngs lately, had roi around 40% if not more (will check when i'm back home) simple because they played like total donkeys and i've adapted to that.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I played 250 9 players (stars) 1$ SNGs to practice them. ROI less than 10% so was total waste of time for me!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I think any good sng player that is currently at around the $20 limit will have atleast 15% roi on $1 sng's... The play is so terrible... it's awesome!!!

you know worse play makes it easier to win... and not the other way around right?...
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

:D
      I have had many bets with PokerStrategy members over these low limit SnG's. Yet to ever loose one. The players are awful, and a huge roi% is a pretty easytarget for alot of players.

Add a big side bet, and we could have the challenge. PM me in the community section if interested :D

Regards,
      Stiev
    • pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      I certainly do know that worse play makes it easier to win Hlynkin :P , against 1 other player, however with 2 or 3 donks all calling your all in behind you and yor nuts on the flop your win percentage takes a rather drastic drop and 1 of them will hit a better hand than you!!
      I personally find it easier playing against better players that you can roughly estimate what they are playing with, bad players seem to be rewarded tooo much, maybe they are the new genuises of poker?? oh for a Donk handbook!
      Thanks for your insight all, any takers for the challenge though??
    • pjlairdy
      pjlairdy
      Bronze
      Cannell555, you talk the talk, but can you..... forget that statement you clearly can LOL. Now then, how do we take this idea further? as I would be interested to see if we could get enough top end players to participate in this experiment, if you like. I would wager that some would not make any profit at all, what do you think? The winner could get a free ticket to a $2 game!! :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Well, to wager a bet, it must be done in private. As its against board rules to arrange any money transfers between players.

As a quick guestimate, I would say that, in 100 $1 SnG's. +$45ish should be a not so big target, and I think easily makable in 4 out of 5 attempts.

For me to take part though, the bet would have to be quite big. Otherwise its massively -ev, and a waste of time.

regards,
      Stiev
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I could also take that bet as 40% roi is quite easy on those sngs ;)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Man when you get higher up in the limits you'll look back at this post and laugh :) If I could have the opponents on $1 on $22 sng's.. damn I would be a millionaire by now... but atm I'm just breakeven since the opponents are simply so good that my edge ain't really big... BTW I'm playing Full Tilt and I understand by now that they simply have too good players to be profitable :) gonna move my roll to stars as soon as possible..

I grinded 15% roi on these as a pretty new guy in poker... I'm much better now and I sometimes play these sng's for fun and to remind myself that poker ain't all about luck... And it's fun seeing how big my edge has become against fishes like on the $1 :) ... I believe I could grind over a decent sample size 20% roi in these...

But it would just be throwing away time I could be making real money + throwing away time I could educate myself and get better...

So being a part of this challenge would be hugely -ev for me both money and educational wise :) and this is probably the reason no $11+ sng grinder will ever take on this challenge :)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Sure I'll take the bet. PM me if you are intrested, minimum bet is 250$
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      viewer88 you'll wager that a guy cant do it? or that you can do it?

reminder: please don't agree on any bets on the forum. If you do this thread will have to be closed. All bets should be done in private ;)
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I wager I can maintain a positive ROI% over 100 sng's.
      PM me in the community section if you are intrested :)

edit: I'll even throw in the handhistories
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I simply wouldn't bet against that. Most people can maintain a + roi, so its simply a -ev bet.

I think you can make a loosing player, into a winning player, with one hours private coaching on this limit. So such bets are throwing £££ away.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      If you're so much better than them, why don't you win?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      o la la you get BURNED :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      o la la you get BURNED :D
      huh?

I believe Yoghi's post was aimed at OP.
    • Yoghi