Hi All :)

• carl1217
      carl1217
      Basic
      Hi guys,

New player from the UK, been playing about 2-3 hours a day for the last month since I took an interest in the game. Now want to take it to the next level, with tips and advice from all the other players out there as I know my game needs work and there's still a lot to learn

Cheers

Carl
  • 6 replies
    • Resy
      Resy
      Bronze
      Welcome. Make yourself familiar with the courses and the forum and the theory content. Feel free to ask any Questions or look at the FAQ.

Good luck at the tables. Have a nice day
    • carl1217
      carl1217
      Basic
      Thanks Resy,

I'll have a look around and get familiar with the site, seems like a wealth of information to help improve my game :)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Carl,

Welcome to PS. I have been using this site for 2 year now and found the information and community here invaluable to progressing my game.
      Patience is key to success in my opinion. Always work with bank roll management and work your way though the beginners course material found here
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/

A really good place also to be is on the 'No Limit Beginners Adventure' with one of PS coaches LemOn36 found here.

The No Limit Beginner Adventures with LemOn36

What games are you playing at the moment?

I hope this is of some help to you and good luck in your games.

Regards

Matt
    • carl1217
      carl1217
      Basic
      Hi Matt,

Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out. Mostly playing $0.01/0.02$ and free roll tournaments,. Working on my bankroll management but its harder when the funds aren't there to start with :)

Cheers

Carl
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Carl,

I was in the very same boat as your self when I began. Don't worry about the losses when playing .01/.02nh as the swingers are higher due to the low amount of a all in. I am now on 25nl and I still get bad swings on made hands, not so many but the fish are still getting on up on me once in a while.
      Free rolls are great for a boost to the bank roll. Nothing better than money for nothing and your chips for free!!!
      If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me.

Good Luck again at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Matt,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

You can always put your new found knowledge into practice risk free by taking advantage of one of our free money offers. This will cost you nothing and will give you lifetime Bronze status.

Bronze will give you a tracked room to earn SPs, the ability to send friend requests and PMs through our community tool as well as opening up more strategy and videos.

If you need advice regarding a room then check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :f_thumbsup:

Have fun :gl:

Laz