Alright people

• 11Watchman
      11Watchman
      Bronze
      I'm from England, been playing mostly $2NL for a few a night for the last couple of weeks. I'm negative $13.27 and this site was recommended buy a guy on Pokerstars called Resy. Said I'd find him on here but haven't been able to!

I have a very basic grasp on some theory and strategy (Pot odds, equity, EV, etc) but I seem to be failing to use this to my advantage.

Hope to learn a lot here :f_drink:
  • 8 replies
    • Resy
      Resy
      Bronze
      Hi hi, i found you. Have fun here. There is so much to learn. Look at the FAQ and take a good look around. Go and look out for the Beginners course and attempt it :D There you can be helped.

Good luck at the tables :D
    • 11Watchman
      11Watchman
      Bronze
      Thanks man! I'm going to read through all the basic strategy stuff and then consider getting a bronze account. It seems like a great site, and I plan to stick with poker for a while, so I think it's worth the initial investment.
    • Resy
      Resy
      Bronze
      You can do it. But you dont need to. Just open an account on one of the promoted site and get sure it is tracked. Like this i think you get the bronze Status immiately plus you get some extra money for you begin. :D Since you already have an account at Pokerstars i dont think its possible to track you there but there are big other side. And of course you can still play there. While you playing you produce rake and so you get stategypoints and extra points for activity. So you can upgrate to an higher status and get more access to more content. You can also buy it. But at first i would recommend one step after annother.

To add me go on the Top rright over your Picture is your name click on it and you can add me.
    • 11Watchman
      11Watchman
      Bronze
      Ahh OK, that makes sense of it :f_grin: . I was a bit confused actually.

I can't add you until I'm at least bronze status, but I'll get that tomorrow when I sign up on one of the different sites. Not tonight.. I've had a beer and I don't like to play when I've been drinking :f_drink: :f_drink:
    • Resy
      Resy
      Bronze
      Yeah have. Fun.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Hi 11Watchman, welcome to Pokerstrategy!

Looks like your friend Resy already showed you around. :f_thumbsup:
      It's true, you'll get an immediate upgrade to Bronze once you sign up at a partner room, and you will keep this status for life (obviously you can still get a better status then, but you can't get below Bronze anymore).

When you choose your new poker room, make sure to check out our Free Poker Money and Bonus offers. Also, please take care to follow the sign up instructions carefully, to make sure that your account will be tracked correctly.

By the way, we also have a dedicated thread to help you choose the ideal poker room for your current situation. Maybe you want to check this one out as well.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
      Enjoy your stay, we're glad to have you on board! :f_grin:
    • 11Watchman
      11Watchman
      Bronze
      Thanks Harrier. :f_biggrin:

I had a read through that thread and decided to sign up at 888. I received my £20 no deposit required bonus and have made a little bit of money on there, but I've not yet received any strategy points and been upgraded to bronze status. I followed the instructions here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/888poker/freeplay-uk/

Do I need to make a $30 deposit, too? I'm reluctant to do so, since I'm planning on sticking with PokerStars in the long term.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 11Watchman
      Do I need to make a $30 deposit, too? I'm reluctant to do so, since I'm planning on sticking with PokerStars in the long term.
      As far as I know, the $30 deposit is only necessary to get the additional 100% sign-up bonus. You should already be able to receive StrategyPoints with your account.

Sometimes these things just take a while. If you didn't receive your upgrade and your StrategyPoints after, say, two more days, please let us know.