[NL20-NL50] AK, too weak play?

    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 7,401
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $23,75
      BB:
      $25,79
      Hero:
      $26,46
      CO:
      $36,27
      BU:
      $28,07

      0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:club:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, SB calls $0,90, BB calls $0,75.

      Flop: ($3,00) K:spade: , 8:club: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $2,25, Hero calls $2,25, SB calls $2,25.

      Turn: ($9,75) 2:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $7,00, Hero folds, SB calls $7,00.

      River: ($23,75) A:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, BB checks.

      Final Pot: $23,75
  • 7 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Joined: 23.12.2007 Posts: 1,280
      I raise flop with TPTK. If BB shove, it's hard because he is a nitty player, but seems to call down too light, but it's a very small samplesize..
      Against SB I go all in all day...
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 7,401
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      I raise flop with TPTK. If BB shove, it's hard because he is a nitty player, but seems to call down too light, but it's a very small samplesize..
      Against SB I go all in all day...
      If you raise and he shoves you have to call there I think. Well you can play raise-fold with any -AK hand, like 72o. On russian forum judge adviced me to call flop and on the turn there are several lines possible.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.04.2007 Posts: 13,264
      Easy raise/shove on such a drawy board. Ship the m00niez!!!

      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 7,401
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      Easy raise/shove on such a drawy board. Ship the m00niez!!!

      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      NL2K reg(PS.ru coach) told me my line was optimal against unknown, could you please argument your line in this hand please, I wanna figure it out, I am currently in the dark :-)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.04.2007 Posts: 13,264
      They guy is not unknown ;)
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Joined: 17.10.2008 Posts: 1,107
      that hand and attitude represents the downside of using player tracking software.

      if you didnt have the software you would have played it better and not scared because of the small samplesize players
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.07.2008 Posts: 7,401
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      that hand and attitude represents the downside of using player tracking software.

      if you didnt have the software you would have played it better and not scared because of the small samplesize players
      I wasn't looking at stats.